Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this car on the weekend and I have some thoughts.

I'm coming from a 2013 dodge dart aero model with the ddct dual dry clutch transmission.

In comparison to that the IVT (cvt) is incredibly smooth feeling. I've heard a lot of people claim over the years about cvts, I had never driven one until this week and I think they feel great. I like that the car is relatively quiet in terms of engine noise too.

Android auto is great, the alerts for blindspots is great.

As far as the harmon kardon speaker upgrade... it's ok. I actually think the speakers in my old dart were better, but it's servicable. I think my next car will be where I specifically focus on top class audio. Right now I wanted some lower cost that would tide me over until evs were more affordable.

The main thing I wish I had on the gt line that the GT has is not the extra power, it's the led headlights. The projectors on this car are actually pretty good, I just like the look of the led array more.

·
Registered
2022 gt2
547 Posts
I picked up this car on the weekend and I have some thoughts.

I'm coming from a 2013 dodge dart aero model with the ddct dual dry clutch transmission.

In comparison to that the IVT (cvt) is incredibly smooth feeling. I've heard a lot of people claim over the years about cvts, I had never driven one until this week and I think they feel great. I like that the car is relatively quiet in terms of engine noise too.

Android auto is great, the alerts for blindspots is great.

As far as the harmon kardon speaker upgrade... it's ok. I actually think the speakers in my old dart were better, but it's servicable. I think my next car will be where I specifically focus on top class audio. Right now I wanted some lower cost that would tide me over until evs were more affordable.

The main thing I wish I had on the gt line that the GT has is not the extra power, it's the led headlights. The projectors on this car are actually pretty good, I just like the look of the led array more.
It will never be a race car but you can have fun... invest is some suspension and wheels/tires. Keep everything minimal for weight savings and have fun

·
Registered
2019 Kia Cerato/Forte GT Hatch
57 Posts
In comparison to that the IVT (cvt) is incredibly smooth feeling. I've heard a lot of people claim over the years about cvts, I had never driven one until this week and I think they feel great.
Not all CVTs are created equal. The Nissan (jatco) CVTs are a complete basketcase in a variety of different ways. Also, most CVTs are effectively single-use items - difficult/not-cost-effective to repair or rebuild, so bear that in mind once the warranty runs out

·
Registered
51 Posts
It will never be a race car but you can have fun... invest is some suspension and wheels/tires. Keep everything minimal for weight savings and have fun
noturbonoproblem good buddy suspension what do you recommend? I'm interested if you can make it A,B,C for me I would appreciate it ,I've seen some bars across the struts
the one in the engine bay looks easy enough but not sure about the rear and what's needed?

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
6,134 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,230 Posts
noturbonoproblem good buddy suspension what do you recommend? I'm interested if you can make it A,B,C for me I would appreciate it ,I've seen some bars across the struts
the one in the engine bay looks easy enough but not sure about the rear and what's needed?

Thanks
As for chassis braces, a strut bar makes a big difference to steering response and is pretty cheap all things considered. Evilla also makes a lower tie bar and rear sway bar (linked above by ForteGT2). Lower tie bar did make a difference, but not as significant, and I haven't installed the rear sway bar on my car yet.

As for suspension itself, it depends on how expensive you want to go. If you want to just lower it, M&S Storm lowering springs will fit your car and lower it for $300. You can get cheap coilovers (Rev9) for around $500, decent coilovers from $600 (lower spec Godspeed) to $800 (higher-spec Godspeed), and great coilovers for $1200 (BCRacing).

·
Registered
51 Posts
As for chassis braces, a strut bar makes a big difference to steering response and is pretty cheap all things considered. Evilla also makes a lower tie bar and rear sway bar (linked above by ForteGT2). Lower tie bar did make a difference, but not as significant, and I haven't installed the rear sway bar on my car yet.

As for suspension itself, it depends on how expensive you want to go. If you want to just lower it, M&S Storm lowering springs will fit your car and lower it for $300. You can get cheap coilovers (Rev9) for around $500, decent coilovers from $600 (lower spec Godspeed) to $800 (higher-spec Godspeed), and great coilovers for $1200 (BCRacing).
Ok thanks :) the 2 strut bars are what I'm aiming for i'm going to do the front top and lower rear , they have 2 top strut bars which one will I need ?or are they actually the same ? I asked them once and they sent me a link 😏😏there is one for FORTE And the other for FORTE GT Me having a gt -line

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,230 Posts
Ok thanks :) the 2 strut bars are what I'm aiming for i'm going to do the front top and lower rear , they have 2 top strut bars which one will I need ?or are they actually the same ? I asked them once and they sent me a link 😏😏there is one for FORTE And the other for FORTE GT Me having a gt -line
Strut bar (the one across the engine bay) is the same for the GT and all other trims. The sway bar (rear suspension) is different between the two. You'll want this one. Select "Forte (19-22)" when ordering

Reactions: Steve g

·
Registered
2022 gt2
547 Posts
Strut bar (the one across the engine bay) is the same for the GT and all other trims. The sway bar (rear suspension) is different between the two. You'll want this one. Select "Forte (19-22)" when ordering
Front wheel drive car... don’t let the solid rear axle hold you back... a guy told me years ago , build a front wheel drive car from the front first and the rear will follow... when building my crx it all became clear what he meant.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,230 Posts
Front wheel drive car... don’t let the solid rear axle hold you back... a guy told me years ago , build a front wheel drive car from the front first and the rear will follow... when building my crx it all became clear what he meant.
Yep. A properly built FWD car is a ton of fun

Reactions: Ezed1
1 - 12 of 12 Posts