Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of converting my interior lighting to LED, already did the maps lights but am confused when it come to the dome light (or as KIA calls it room light) I know it is a festoon type but am having difficulty identifying which one exactly, I have been to numerous websites and when I think I found the correct one, the vehicle match tells me it does not fit my KIA and the KIA bulb chart just says Festoon or LED
I have been searching and finally decided to ask for help

Thanks

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I haven't checked the size...

...but Parts Geek lists the 3175 FESTOON for 2010-2020 Forte dome lights. The 2021 should be the same.

What was the bulb number for your map lights?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the map lights I used Sylvania 2825 T10 W5W from Amazon, I watched some YouTube videos and this is the bulb that was used, but could not find any videos the dome light

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just did mine and ordered from Superbrightleds.com. They have a vehicle bulb finder and the one they recommended for mine was a perfect fit.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I just did mine and ordered from Superbrightleds.com. They have a vehicle bulb finder and the one they recommended for mine was a perfect fit.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
Did you get the standard (3175) or the CAN bus (3022) version?

Festoon.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depending on which website you view there seems to be a discrepancy on the bulb size, some say 28mm other says 31mm, any way I went to Autozone and bought a Sylvania DE3175 for $8.50 and it fits and works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts