Kia Forte Forum banner

'22 Forte LXS - auxless, can I swap in a 21-19 aux/USB port?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WorldPlayer 
#1 ·
Title more or less says it all. I have zero interest in granting 40 permissinos to use any of the proprietary data harvesters to play the music I've collected over decades I've been apparently strongarmed into, and bluetooth paired with the 22 Forte speakers is pretty damn anemic. Is it possible to swap out the aux-less port in my car (why on earth remove aux jacks) for one of the previous years that has it? Or will I run into hardware and/or software issues (no way to play it via interface, for instance; if that was the case would there be a way to change that?)

First post in the forum, so really appreciate the chance to get informed feedback from yall. Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
I use the aux port in mine all the time, as it doesn't let you do CarPlay and Bluetooth at the same time. When I want maps but a passenger wants to play their music, the old aux cable comes out. Sounds better than BT too. Shame they got rid of it.

Reactions: ForteGT2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.