Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
204 Posts
Yeah, and it cost me a lot. When I sold the car, I gave away all I had for the car, including 10 wheels, 4 points belts and a long, etc. LOL

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok, back to the 235 tires...which brand/type guys you looking at?

I'm looking at Ultra High Performance All-Season. I'm trying to decide between the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus and the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus.

Probably not until Spring will I get them, but at this rate with these POS Kumho's sidewall it may be this fall lol.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
538 Posts
Ok, back to the 235 tires...which brand/type guys you looking at?

I'm looking at Ultra High Performance All-Season. I'm trying to decide between the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus and the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus.

Probably not until Spring will I get them, but at this rate with these POS Kumho's sidewall it may be this fall lol.
If i stick with max performance summers, most likely Yokohama Advan Apex V601 or Pirelli PZ4. Ultra High Performance All Seasons would probably be Sumitomo HTR P03, Nitto Motivo, Toyo Proxes AS, or General GMax AS-05. Price is a large factor but the performance is close enough to the major players in the UHP all season category.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
204 Posts
I’m sure it has, and I’m sure whoever bought it was stoked to get all that with the car lol
It was an impressive toy which also serve as business and family car. Our GT is a nice toy too. 😊 I don't know if I ever took it to the track, although I would love to.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok, got a question about the 235/40s on the stock GT wheels. I researched a little on TireRack on the specs and I confused myself lol

Since the stock wheels are 7.5" Wide with 225/40 and the 235/40 are made for 8"+ wheels...will the 235/40 look wider or narrower than the 225/40 does on the stock rims? I'm trying to visualize how they would look on stock rims.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ok, got a question about the 235/40s on the stock GT wheels. I researched a little on TireRack on the specs and I confused myself lol

Since the stock wheels are 7.5" Wide with 225/40 and the 235/40 are made for 8"+ wheels...will the 235/40 look wider or narrower than the 225/40 does on the stock rims? I'm trying to visualize how they would look on stock rims.
It will just have a slightly beefier sidewall... a 235 can easily fit on a 7.5 width rim... tirerack plays it VERY safe when it comes to sizes

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
799 Posts
It will just have a slightly beefier sidewall... a 235 can easily fit on a 7.5 width rim... tirerack plays it VERY safe when it comes to sizes
I know a few owners who have mounted 235/40-18's on their stock GT wheels. No problem at all.

...will the 235/40 look wider or narrower than the 225/40 does on the stock rims?
It's only about 0.5" bigger diameter than the 225/40-18 so it should give a bit beefier sidewall appearance. From a distance it may appear to look like you have 17s.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts