Kia Forte Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded from my 2019 Forte LXS and I would always drive it on the freeway and going over 75 would not exceed 2100 rpm. Now I got my new car and it starts hitting 2000 at around 60 and up from there. Is it normal? I’m asking for fuel consumption as well. Also whenever I’m trying to pull in my garage, it pulls a lot more than my old car. Any suggestions? I get the car is more powerful but I just want someone else’s opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know what you mean. The IVT technically doesn't have "gears" and is a 2.0 ltr. It's designed for economy. My feeling is the turbo charged 1.6 runs "hot" to achieve that much hp from a small engine. Having said that, I still feel 2-2500 rpms at that speed is not bad. If they put an 8 or 9 speed DCT in, you'd be down lower.

My 1.6 manual transmission Soul runs at 3,000 rpms at 70 mph. I would kill for a 7th gear :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine runs about 3200 rpm at that speed.
Sounds like you'd like one more gear too :)

I have noticed that Hyundai/Kia are starting to replace the 7 speed DCT with a true 8 speed automatic transmission (eg: new 2020 Sonata). It makes me wonder if the days of the DCT and GDI may be numbered???

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I've already got 6 speeds! It's the one major flaw with the car (besides the poorly damped suspension). I really wish they had geared the car higher for better gas mileage. It's not all that quick, so might as well make it fuel efficient and quieter on the highway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've already got 6 speeds! It's the one major flaw with the car (besides the poorly damped suspension). I really wish they had geared the car higher for better gas mileage. It's not all that quick, so might as well make it fuel efficient and quieter on the highway.
I agree, 5 & 6 are too close. I wish they stretched 6th gear ratio out more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm kinda shocked your 2019 Kia Forte LXS acts differently then mine.

I have a video of me driving it doing 65mph on a highway and it's at 2200RPM

Is there something wrong with my car? lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts