Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else notice the gear/shifter vibrating in 3rd gear on the 5-speed manual (or 6 speed)?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
nope no issue like that here, maybe your tires are off balance or perhaps one of the tires is defective.. check the sidewall for bubles or other strange defects.

those would be the first things I'd check
Good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have noticed this as well. It is around 60km per hour, 2000-2500 rpm in my car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have noticed this as well. It is around 60km per hour, 2000-2500 rpm in my car.
Yup, I've noticed the exact same. I took it to my dealership and the guy was like "that's normal, it's a kia, you can't expect it to be built like a honda or a BMW" He claimed that kia canada said that it was normal. I don't buy that..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah mine vibrates in third gear as well, and it's usually the gear with the most resistance. It does not shift as smoothly into third as it does with the other gears. I just bought the car about 2 weeks ago and I'm planning on bringing it to my dealer and see what they say about it. Also my stock speakers seem to be giving on on the right passenger side and can already hear distortions with the bass =/

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
What is your Forte's date of manufacture?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It could be a problem with just the 5 speed manual. I haven't brought it to my Kia dealer yet but I plan on it later this week to see what they tell me about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.