Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So messing round today of old Facebook Forte group and someone from Korea posted the below picture.....

The only description was "Kia LCD" and that its in Korea. This looks like a third party device, and in the past I haven't been impressed on cheap Sat Nav/TV/DVD/Everything modules, however I gotta say the cheap clock and airbag light on the standard dash are my only complaint of the cars otherwise excellent interior. From the pictures I can't see any media slots, let alone CD/DVD slot, so this might just be a basic LCD with a VGA connector, not sure, the stock stereo has been left on the above install...hmmm...bit of a mystery.

Anyone know anything about this unit?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It should have been designed to be equal the height of the instrument gauge. It looks out of place being so tall on the dash.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i like it. san antonio is a big azz city and ive had to use my phone's navi on many occasions to find a place. not to mention all the road trips ive taken haha. but i think if it was a tad more rounded at the top it'd look better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should have been designed to be equal the height of the instrument gauge. It looks out of place being so tall on the dash.
Good point, it does look a little tall, guessing the standard size of the LCD dictates its height.

i like it. san antonio is a big azz city and ive had to use my phone's navi on many occasions to find a place. not to mention all the road trips ive taken haha. but i think if it was a tad more rounded at the top it'd look better.
Yes, a little more rounded, and if it was a little lower, I'd see this as a winner.

Even though my hatred of the clock/air bag light module might be clouding my judgment, I'd probably buy one. Having the navigation in line of sight when I am driving would be great and it would also leave all the audio functions separate.

·
Registered
407 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts