Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the software upgrade done a month ago and the improvement was significant. Since then it seems to be reverting back to its previous tendancy to delay before a downshift from top gear when cruising and then hitting the gas. I notice this most when taking a corner and then accelerating again.

Anybody else have the upgrade done and noticing this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hated the way it shifted before and I hate the way it shifts after the software upgrade, this trans seems to take away the little power the engine has.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you thought of using the manual shift mode? It holds the gears, so you can stay in 2nd or 3rd at lower speeds.

The problem with the transmission is that it gets to top gear too quickly and at too low a speed. This is for better gas mileage. The Forte is hardly unique in this regard. What I don't like is that it hesitates in downshifting to the next lowest gear when you hit the gas pedal. It's not all the time, just under certain conditions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like the manual shift mode, however I bought the auto for an auto. I understand it is for the better gas mileage but its to touchy and like you mentioned, not consistent

·
Registered
283 Posts
Have you thought of using the manual shift mode? It holds the gears, so you can stay in 2nd or 3rd at lower speeds.

The problem with the transmission is that it gets to top gear too quickly and at too low a speed. This is for better gas mileage. The Forte is hardly unique in this regard. What I don't like is that it hesitates in downshifting to the next lowest gear when you hit the gas pedal. It's not all the time, just under certain conditions.
I have noted that too

·
Registered
39 Posts
So kia is aware of the software update? There is an issue?
Is it worth doing???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts