Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Now I wouldn't necessarily recommend 50+, but I always go by the max psi rating on the tire's sidewall. If it says 44, I recommend 40. If it says 51, I recommend 45. If you put 32 psi in a tire that has a max psi rating of 44, you WILL see uneven tread wear.
how do you go by the recommended PSI? i mean you said you go by what is listed on the sidewall.. if you go by that you'd put in exactly what it says.. but your recommendations are a little less. How do you calculate that? Your recommendations are different (90% and about 88%)
just curious...

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I live in Louisiana, therefore the heat will cause the pressure to go up. I don't want the tires to be over the max psi, so I put them at about 90% of the max. The second you start to drive all of your tires pressure will increase.

Always check and air your tires when it's cold outside, in the shade. If you want a softer ride, then the 32 psi will suit you well.

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I can't even imagine the lumber wagon ride my car would give me if I put max pressure in my tires. Train tracks rattle my teeth at 32 psi.
I hear ya man, train tracks hurt me no matter what lol. I can live with the harsh ride, but I am in the minority as far as this topic goes.

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Another tank, cruise at 70 MPH.

372 Miles
10.140 Gallons
--------------
36.7 MPG

Just before this tank I switched from 0w20 Synpower Valvoline to 5w20 Synthetic O'Reilly's motor oil. I kept tire pressure at 40 PSI.

I can't wait to get my UltraGauge in, hopefully I can reach my goal of 40 MPG.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.