Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
ahhh i'm so excited to see the finished product!! But hey I was doing some looking around on the internet and look at what i found!
Tricked out koup.jpg

tricked out koup 2.jpg

Personally I love the first one... but the red over the silver is a total buzzkill.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's freezing out here so i'm not bringing my DSLR out just yet, will try and take some blurry-cam point and shoot shots soon

d

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leds

Alright, here come the blurry cam shots:

Trunk, not quite finished yet:

Behind the rear seats:

and the logos you saw above...tried to get a shot

Still a few things left to do that do not involve Ebay:

insert for when the seats are down
insert for the trunk floor when showing the car

special trunk forte logo to come...going to be very nice =)

For those of you who saw the 300/4 and EQS mounted to the rear seat, the 300/4 is now hidden above the subs, and of course you can see the 2 500/1's

What I have is a switch in the little cubby hole to the left of the steering column (also lights up red when on), and there's also a pair of leds lighting up the footwells in the rear seat section.

looking to do:

dome lights in red
door reflectors back-lit

Hope you enjoy!

D

·
Registered
587 Posts
That is sick D!

cant wait to see ur ride!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! I haven't even posted pics of the latest! Waitig for nicer weather =)

·
Registered
129 Posts
where did you mount the led's under the driverside. I didn't have anyplace to put it without the lights showing. I just did that my self. the passengerside is brighter than the driver. driver facing up, pass facing down. I'll post pics as soon as i can.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just tie wrapped them to some existing wire harnesses just right. I haven't seen the LEDs I used on eBay, I picked them up at an electronic surplus store locally.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
D113 can you give me some info on where you plugged/spliced in the LED assembly under the dash?

Once I get back home I should have enough time at home to actually look at the underside of the dash for some DYI kits for center dash lighting as well as other places.

/has around 1000+ LEDS at home for various projects.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
12v LEDs obviously, we ran a wire from the battery terminal to the inside where we mounted a 30a spst relay. (wired a switch inline too). Wired acceosry power to the actuating side of the relay. After that, lots of splicing and stuff. I believe they used a terminal block I provided and wired the less to it.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
ahh ok so you had it installed by the same shop that did the stereo work then.

I am going to assume that they either put a resistor in or put the red LEDs into series to bring them to 12v or you are using super bright LEDs, also Im hoping the relay was used for other things as well. That is absolute overkill for LEDs.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All the LEDs are 12v, 20 of the in the car right now, draw 50 milliamps a piece. Also have the amp turn on wire coming from the same relay (pre switch). I have another dozen LEDs en route too. They are not your typical single die package in a globe. They are a 3 die strip about 1.5" long, equally spaced apart in a casing designed probably to be mounted in display cabinets. When the weathernis better I'll get some pics.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts