Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love how to basically everything car related, minus this forum, the 5-door doesn't exist. If you take a look at most any website including KIA's the 5-door will not be listed as an existing model.

Tirerack.com does list the model as existing but offers no images of it. On Youtube the only videos are of Autoshows that the car was seen at. I think we need to get the word out there that this car is REAL lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Edmunds does and has some decent basic info. no reviews as yet. I've spent a good deal of time scouring the intarwebs for info on the 5 and have found some tidbits here and there.

This I do know; titanium, pearl white and corsa blue do not exist in the lower 48...

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's a new car launch...you won't even see it advertised heavily until well after the new year. They're still trying to get rid of the 2010 forte's that are on the lot. My local dealer only has 1 5-door so realistically it would be pointless to advertise a car you only have one of. Look for ads starting in January when all dealerships have sufficient stock they can sell.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Patience is a virtue that I have very little of xD Oh well I can wait a little while, need to bolster my bank account anyhow.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I drove a bronze with the sand interior, very, very nice looking all around but a light tone interior with boys requires an investment in a good cleaning machine and stock of Scotchgard! If I could get it with leather...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, I love the light colored interior, and I don't have any children to scuff it up lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I tried getting a hitch for my car at Uhaul and they couldn't get any info on it even from the supplier that Uhaul gets their supply from.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, Seems we have to wait for our accessories until after xmas schmitty. I was hoping to have my rack and mud flaps on my list too ;(

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratz on your new purchase, can't wait until we get a large grouping of us 5-doors!

The 5-door performs well in the snow, as I found out today. Just go easy on the brakes and I'm running the stock tires / wheels.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice, we need pics from you guys lol! Schmitty has a post in the picture area for 5-doors.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Kia web site
I love how to basically everything car related, minus this forum, the 5-door doesn't exist. If you take a look at most any website including KIA's the 5-door will not be listed as an existing model.

Tirerack.com does list the model as existing but offers no images of it. On Youtube the only videos are of Autoshows that the car was seen at. I think we need to get the word out there that this car is REAL lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I actually saw another 5 on the road yesterday. I was totally mystified. Also I took it on some curvery hilly roads yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by its performance. It was able to handle everything I handed out and that was with stock tires.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it really sticks the curves. So glad I bought this car, really functional and fun to drive. I have noticed the manual mode is a much faster 0-60. (Feels that way.)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts