Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove the SX yesterday loved it . I'm 58 yrs 6'1" 314 Lbs i had plenty of headroom ,legroom & buttroom . Drove great plenty of power steering felt tight six speed trans was very smooth, using the paddle shifters was a blast . Fit and finish was dead on and the radio really fooled me it sounded very good. Bass was solid highs and mids were very clear. The only problem i had at all was the seatbelt drivers side it was a little hard to fasten due to the location of the center console and my big arce it was hard to buckle but not a deal breaker at all . List price was $20,840.00 US was given a price out the door of $18,869.00. Didn't buy at this time as i'm waiting for spring. All in all a nice ride...:D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I've had mine for 3k miles now. I have the manual transmission, leather, and sunroof. I paid $19.5k for mine, so your price looks very good. I've been very pleased with the car so far. I'm much smaller than you, so I won't comment on comfort. The car is well made, with mediocre plastics on the inside. I'm coming from a BMW 5 series, which had a very high quality interior, so obviously the Kia is going to be a bit of a let down. The radio has good bass, as you noticed, but I think the treble and midrange is only decent. I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers in the spring.

The ride is firm, but usually comfortable. I have found the rear will skip around some on very bumpy/rippled surfaces. This is probably due to the rather simplistic rear suspension. I also suspect the car is a bit over damped and could use a little softer struts. I'm thinking that as they wear, the car will handle better.

The engine just keeps getting better as it breaks in. It has more than enough power. I'm averaging about 26 to 27 mpg in mixed driving and cold, snowy conditions. On straight highway, I'm up around 32 to 33. Not bad considering the power.

It's a nice car and a great deal. Go for it this spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts