Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to update all the people who have been wanting to get a turbo but have the 5 speed auto such as myself, that there is a custom tuner option out there. Just yesterday I was tuned by [email protected], before I was on piggyback and the car did run ok but had its hiccups. Now the car runs like silk. Such a smooth ride and sooo responsive. I didn't make the kind of power I was dreaming of, 215whp on a mustang dyno @ 5psi, but on the light car we have its nothing to be ashamed of. The tuner turned down the boost from 10 to 5 to be safe seeing as this was the first time he was tuning a 5AT forte. But in due time I may just up the boost a bit more. But regardless of numbers, the car can move plenty fast. its like a gokart on crack =P. But that's my story and I couldn't be more happy with the results.

·
Registered
66 Posts
any update? how much boost are you running now and have you been able to put it back on a dyno?

i'm on the exact same specs as you minus the turbo kit and if i can't get at least 7 psi on a daily i feel like it will be a waste of an investment of $5,000 + making the switch to premium gas for 215 whp...

hell the stock focus ST makes about 252 bhp straight from the dealership for roughly the same price as a forte w/ turbo...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only update I have is that I sold it. Before that though I was pushing 7psi. Never got back on the dyno to find out what that would be to the wheels. The focus 252hp and thats likely at the crank. so much lower at the wheels. the 215hp i made at 5psi was to the wheels and at 215whp that is close to if not more than 250crank.

Never modified the car to be the fastest thing on the road. modified for the fun of it and to be a different car than every other thing on the road. There are plenty of cars out there that you can buy stock with more power than a boosted forte for close to the same price as it would take to boost your ride, like I said that wasnt the point. Just wanted to have fun, I did and was happy doing it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wanted something unmodified and something i would not be tempted to modify. also it had almost 90k miles on it, stuff was bound to start needing to be replaced and i didnt want to have to deal with that. so when i was offered enough for it i said sure and got a car more suited for my lifestyle. i will likely enter the modification world again, one day.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely. And it was at the point to where the only other mod was build the engine and that was just out of the question financially. And anyone who modifies knows, it is a true addiciton =P.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just wanted to update all the people who have been wanting to get a turbo but have the 5 speed auto such as myself, that there is a custom tuner option out there. Just yesterday I was tuned by [email protected], before I was on piggyback and the car did run ok but had its hiccups. Now the car runs like silk. Such a smooth ride and sooo responsive. I didn't make the kind of power I was dreaming of, 215whp on a mustang dyno @ 5psi, but on the light car we have its nothing to be ashamed of. The tuner turned down the boost from 10 to 5 to be safe seeing as this was the first time he was tuning a 5AT forte. But in due time I may just up the boost a bit more. But regardless of numbers, the car can move plenty fast. its like a gokart on crack =P. But that's my story and I couldn't be more happy with the results.
Turbokits claims 300+ you really only saw 215hp from the turbo?

·
Registered
66 Posts
He had the original 5 speed Automatic Transmission...not the 6 speed that most people have now.

Even TK has admitted that the 5 spd trans isn't safe with high boost so they don't recommend going over 6-7 psi....

He said he eventually went back up to 7 psi which is probably 270ish to the wheels (300 bhp) but never dynoe'd it again...

I'm not trying to be a douche and we can only speculate but my guess is that when you have a 2010 car with 90,000+ miles on it and you drop $3,800.00 turbo kit + $1,000.00 install and another $800 for tune plus $3.80ish for premium gas your car starts to look silly really quickly when friends and family begin to question where your money is going...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Turbo Kits claims are crank hp. my crank hp would equate to over or right around 300hp. whp is a totally different story.

I think its hilarious how people have the audacity to bitch about how much power it did or didnt make. When you read hp gains on website, remember....unless it says WHP it is going to be advertised as crank. it sales ALOT better cus it is a higher number. Sit yalls ass behind a 215whp go kart and tell me it isnt quick, then come talk to me. And the reality of it is, those bitching will NEVER see more than their 186crank hp. Bitching for the sake of bitching.

Was it silly that i spent the money i did, sure. do i give a damn what "friends and family" think...fuck no. i did this cus i wanted to, no justification was needed.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Spend your money as you please....just remember spending money does not always make your car shit hot. I see just as many damn ugly modded compacts as I do nice ones.

You want power it cost money. Nothing wrong in my eyes to spend money on go fast.

·
Site Sponsor
1,794 Posts
Turbo Kits claims are crank hp. my crank hp would equate to over or right around 300hp. whp is a totally different story.

I think its hilarious how people have the audacity to bitch about how much power it did or didnt make. When you read hp gains on website, remember....unless it says WHP it is going to be advertised as crank. it sales ALOT better cus it is a higher number. Sit yalls ass behind a 215whp go kart and tell me it isnt quick, then come talk to me. And the reality of it is, those bitching will NEVER see more than their 186crank hp. Bitching for the sake of bitching.

Was it silly that i spent the money i did, sure. do i give a damn what "friends and family" think...fuck no. i did this cus i wanted to, no justification was needed.
On our site we specifically list the gains in WHP. Each Forte kit, when running the recommended amount of boost, should produce 100+ WHP gains.

http://www.turbokits.com/Kia/Forte/Turbo_Kits/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts