Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in SOUL4U's post that at least for Canada all Fortes are getting 6-speed automatics as an option for 2011. I am trying to find out if this is true for the United States as well. I'll be hitting up a Kia dealer later in the week, but if anybody here has additional info please post.

I'd like to know if it's the same unit on the Hyundai Sonata and what the MPG numbers are.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I read in Car and Driver that the US models will get the six speed auto in 2011. Don't know anything more than that.

I've got a '10 with the 5 speed, 2nd to 3rd shift problem and am wondering if Kia will bother finding the source of the problem since that transmission is only used for one model year. I'm sorry to see the six speed come along.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Emailed some dealers asking for confirmation about the 6-speed. Here's what I got.

thats the info we have at this point 2011 should be arriving next month for fortes we are still recieving 2010 at this point
and...

We have not gotten a definite answer on the what type of transmission the 2011 Forte's will have. The release date on the 2011 Forte as of now is going to be the end of next month. I will keep in touch with you as I find out more information on the 2011 KIA Forte.
Not as definitive as I'd like but at least we don't have too long to wait.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
I'm hoping Kia will do what Honda has been doing for years...give the tranny a performance oriented final drive and take care of the MPG with the overdrive 5th and 6th gears!

Koups with the 5 speed autos have a 3.06:1 final drive...not the best for acceleration. My daughter's Accord auto had a 4.13:1 final drive -- which gave it some nice get-up-and-go but it still got good MPG because of the overdrive gears.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The Forte 5 door was announced with a 6-Speed auto and paddle shifters, so I don't see why the Koup and sedan wont get them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts