Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting a 2.0L KOUP here in South Africa, but need to decide whether to go for the 6 speed automatic with paddle shift or the manual?

Recommendations from those guys with the new spec 6 speed gearboxes??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks - I couldn't find any threads on the 6 pages under this topic... any links i can check?

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
great thanks! I've tested auto & manual and they're both good fun in different ways... guess I'm just interested to find out if any problems with the auto gearbox.

btw - it's easier to get manual here in SA then auto!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm finally getting a 2.0L KOUP here in South Africa, but need to decide whether to go for the 6 speed automatic with paddle shift or the manual?

Recommendations from those guys with the new spec 6 speed gearboxes??
I didn't even know you could get a 2.0 liter on a coupe. I thought they were all 2.4's, but maybe that is just in North America/Canada, etc.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
Tranny versions are a personal choice...primarily get what you want.

In NA buying a manual limits the resale potential a bit. Most NA drivers want autos so if you have a manual you reduce the number of potential buyers when it comes time to sell. If SA has mostly Manual owners you might want to look at the resale potential of auto equipped cars for that future event.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have a 2.4 auto with paddle shifters and its alot of fun and very smooth but it really is up to whatever you want haha! :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
In NA buying a manual limits the resale potential a bit. Most NA drivers want autos so if you have a manual you reduce the number of potential buyers when it comes time to sell.
My experience has been the opposite. Have been able to sell my manuals over blue book/edmunds privately and have people shopping it from several states away...true overall demand is lower, but supply is lower still. Selling my wife's automatics has been more painful. A manual is a 1 out of a 100 matchup for someone that has to have a manual in used car listings littered with autos.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have a 2011 sx koup 2.4l with paddle shift n i love it ..n when im in the city i leave dont have worry about sitten on a hill at a red light rideing the clutch
\

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.