Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Forte GT 6 speed manual and my shifter seems to have a vibration noise when I go higher in the rpms. I think it's the button that is used to get into reverse. But I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Only problem I have with the shifting in my FE is that sometimes reverse won't engage and I find shifting in this car to be really hard, like it's always giving some resistance when I try to change gears. I understand a little resistance, but I'm used to older cars that you just shift right in without any sort of 'bump' going into the shift.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try putting the car in first, then going to reverse. My old civic had trouble going into reverse as well and this was the only method that worked for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try putting the car in first, then going to reverse. My old civic had trouble going into reverse as well and this was the only method that worked for me.
YUP. That's what I discovered does the trick. Still not happy but thankfully it's gotten better over time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed this the second day with my GT. After getting used to the car, I wasn't being quite so extra-cautious with it, and tried putting it into R while slowly rolling and "CRRRRRRUNCH!" Whoopsie!

I drove a 2009 Challenger R/T 6m for years and apparently that car had synchronous R, and I developed the bad habit of shifting into R while still slowly rolling. But the 2009 Corolla I had prior did not. I had to come to a complete stop, give it time, maybe shift in & out of 1st, then it plopped into R with no complaints. If I treat the Forte like the Corolla then I have no problems whatsoever. Anyway, the grind cured me of that habit right quick. I like this car and don't want to mess it up!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed this the second day with my GT. After getting used to the car, I wasn't being quite so extra-cautious with it, and tried putting it into R while slowly rolling and "CRRRRRRUNCH!" Whoopsie!

I drove a 2009 Challenger R/T 6m for years and apparently that car had synchronous R, and I developed the bad habit of shifting into R while still slowly rolling. But the 2009 Corolla I had prior did not. I had to come to a complete stop, give it time, maybe shift in & out of 1st, then it plopped into R with no complaints. If I treat the Forte like the Corolla then I have no problems whatsoever. Anyway, the grind cured me of that habit right quick. I like this car and don't want to mess it up!
I did the same thing but I was slowly rolling down a hill backwards while in neutral, then tried to put it in first. On my civic and prelude, I never had the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts