Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

I recently bought a 2011 Forte LX and have been loving it. I am consistently 26 mpg, but it is still breaking in so I imagine it'll get better. This is my first manual so the transition from auto to manual has been a little tricky, especially finessing the clutch. Doing some reading here and elsewhere leads me to believe that the clutch is tricky even for experienced drivers, so I'm not down on myself too much.

I'm excited to have found the forum because, in the past, I've belonged to forums and have learned many useful tricks to get better mileage and do minor repairs. I hope to be able to contribute something useful, but, being a self-described automotive moron, it may take awhile. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats, I just bought my 2011 SX 4dr a few weeks ago only 1300km. Im gettin about 8.3L/100Km not sure what that converts to

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, I just bought my 2011 SX 4dr a few weeks ago only 1300km. Im gettin about 8.3L/100Km not sure what that converts to
Thanks. I've come out here to learn as much as I can about this car so that I can get the most out of it. I bought it for the mileage, I was getting 16 in my "old" car, 2006 Grand Prix.

I found a quick calculator and your 8.3L/100Km is around 28 mpg in the USA, which isn't too shabby.

2,213 Posts
6 weeks and 2300 miles? Where the heck you driving? lol I got 6 months and 5800 miles.

Glad you like the car and the forum! Any questions feel free to ask. your mpg should improve when you're more comfortable driving. The best I've gotten is 33mpg but that was 2 hours of highway driving. I average about 22 on the 6spd m/t but i rev my engine like a maniac.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6 weeks and 2300 miles? Where the heck you driving?.
I did what everybody does when they buy a new car and drove it everywhere for a couple weeks. Now I've settled back into my routine and drive maybe 230 miles a week give or take. I recently took it on a 250 round trip and averaged about 36.6 going 80 on the freeway. That was sweet. Had I been going the limit I probably could have managed 40 or close to it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I did what everybody does when they buy a new car and drove it everywhere for a couple weeks. Now I've settled back into my routine and drive maybe 230 miles a week give or take. I recently took it on a 250 round trip and averaged about 36.6 going 80 on the freeway. That was sweet. Had I been going the limit I probably could have managed 40 or close to it.
There is a point where it takes so much fuel to keep your car at that speed, that mileage decreases by a lot. When in 6th gear, keep an eye on the RPMs. Keep it under 2000 for best mileage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep it under 2000 for best mileage.
This is the part that is kind of confusing me. I've been reading around on a couple sites and asking a friend who is more in the know about these things than I am, and from what I've gathered I should keep it running around 2500 in order to prevent fuel from being pushed in that can't be burned, and then wasted.

I'm constantly looking for tips since I'm very much a noob, and am not afraid to say it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.