Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on whether it could be used on the Koup and not just the sedan.

Korean Auto Imports

Also, is there any other kind of muffler available which might be cheaper but still give a deep bass sound to our exhaust with minimal interior rumble?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Good find! I'm curious too......anyone with thoughts?

·
Registered
746 Posts
7ism is big Korean custom exhaust co. JunBL is another. There sound is nice. There welds look good, well over internet anyways. they have good reviews.

just the muffler may work.

Turbokits catback (both)

KIA Canada is selling a Vibrant Performance axle back.
Magnaflow lists a cat back but no images to confirm it.
Borla had rumblings they might have something.

...or you can do custom one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
gripphard - Do you know when Kia Canada is selling it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...or you can do custom one.
Yeah I'd love to, but I'm afraid that the custom one would suck. I've seen other custom mufflers used and they're not that great. If I'm gonna shell out the cash, i wanna be sure I get the best I can get.

·
Registered
486 Posts
there was actually a video floating around of this exhaust on the forums somewhere... If I remember it sounded ok. Little higher pitch than I was looking for though

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I can't find the video of that exhaust upgrade that used a "buffer?" muffler to get rid of the sputter sound, but it sounded great.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I was looking at this system from the day I bought my sedan, I've also been after JunBL to see if they are coming out with something for the SX 2.4l. So far I have not heard back from anyone.
I went to my local custom exhaust guru and we put the car up on the hoist to have a look at what could be done. Look at what we found!

This is part of the emission control system that consists of a charcoal filled canister with some vent lines to the fuel tank and filler pipe. The canister is supposed to collect fumes and return the to fuel system. If you try to top up the filler pipe, you can end up with raw fuel in the canister which will now cost you $200 to replace. (not covered under warranty as it is considered customer at fault issue)
This system also happens to sit right in the middle of the space that 7ism and other dual exhaust suppliers use to relocate the muffler. The pictures I have seen of the Cerato/Forte from overseas the unit is above the rear axle or it has been relocated but this is never mentioned.

I will be looking into relocating the unit over the rear axle as my KIA Service Manager says, as long as it's below the fuel tank, it doesn't matter where it is.

Here is a picture of a Forte from overseas. See how the unit is actually above the axle? Judging by the size of the exhaust pipe leading to the muffler, I'd bet this is a 1.6l Cerato/Forte which is probably why they only list the system for the 1.6. :(

I was seriously bummed out when I first saw this but now I'm just trying to figure out how to work around it.

Can anyone confirm if the Koup has this canister in the same position?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Thanks gripphard. I wonder if it's the same for the LX/EX versions or just the SX?
It's probably the same for all 2.0 and 2.4l and maybe only the 1.6 has it located over the axle. Or it has someting to do with the differences due to different markets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts