Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a Forte SX Sedan and I know the fogs are 880s. I previously had a Pontiac Grand AM that had fogs that used 880s. What I did was swap the bulbs for 893 which are 30W versions of the 27W lights used currently and straight base instead of 90 degree base.

I know it's also possible to install 885s which are 50W bulbs. The issue is will the harness and foglight hold up to the extra heat?

With the Grand AM the harness was more than enough but depending on climate the housing would degrade. Has anyone tried 885 bulbs?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've replaced my OEM 881 foglight bulbs with 55W 4300K HIDs; although they've only run about a couple of hours since installation (I only turn them on in rain/snow) so far there's been no problem.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've replaced my OEM 881 foglight bulbs with 55W 4300K HIDs; although they've only run about a couple of hours since installation (I only turn them on in rain/snow) so far there's been no problem.

Good luck!

I guess I'll just play on the safe side and get yellow 897. I'm planning on getting projector retrofits for my low beams with one of the cheaper kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.