Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had an interesting day for sure.
http://youtu.be/bRa4Dw2E72I

Pulling out of a parking lot im accelerating in second when I hear grrrrrrshhhh and the shifter starts vibrating like mad. I push the clutch in and try to get to neutral and after some fighting manage to do so. Figuring I just missed the shift (Would have been the first time in this car) I contunue on. Funny thing is now the car randomly grinds its way out of second if im not physically holding it in gear.

The good news Is the dealer reluctantly will cover it under warrenty ( iv had issues since it was new)

The rotten thing is they will only give me a 1 day rental when the repair will take 5+ days.

Worst still all my ebay crap showed up today (CAI, engine covers, toys) so I cany even put them on lol

Wish me luck, maybe the dealer can fix all my other issues while they have it...without complaining too much

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/yidders/KIA FORTE/?action=view&current=VIDEO0014.mp4

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
Good luck! Keep us informed. Make sure to list all your other issues and hand it to the service manager...LoL!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
believe me they know... I will tho. maybe if its in writing they cant "forget" lol

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
A one day rental is not acceptable, they should give you a loaner car from the dealership in the mean time it take to fix it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tell me about it... think they would be mad if i asked for a subaru? :)
but seriously I have 3 emails and 1 message into HO so hopfully there will be an outcome that is satisfactory.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
update:

So the "dealer" gets the car this morning. I call later and ask if my synthetic trans fluid will be replaced service guy says "yes" I ask him if it will be replaced with synthetic he says "No, kia doesnt cover that, But we can put your old fluid in the new transmission" To which I laugh and hang up.

What is wrong with these people? Who thinks its ok to put tranny fluid from a transmission that ground out a gear into a brand new transmission?

In the end I recieve a email from head office saying my synthetic fluid will be covered as well as the labour, dealer proceeds to tell me they will if i buy the fluid and they will refund me...lazy lazy people I already bought it once and your transmission tossed it. listen to your own head office.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Call Kia HQ and tell them this information. I'll bet they would have something to say about it. Used tranny fluid with metal shavings in a new tranny... What a freakin idiot!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Call Kia HQ and tell them this information. I'll bet they would have something to say about it. Used tranny fluid with metal shavings in a new tranny... What a freakin idiot!
Better keep quiet about the fluid or they'll try to blame it on the fluid. It won't be the first time big corps try to blame anything little thing to not warranty it. Honda is the worst for this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why keep quiet on the fluid? they reccomended it in the first place. I had to supply it though as they didnt have any in stock.

Hq knows every single incident with this dealer about 10 minutes after each ocurance. They are still dicking me on the damn rental.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the dealer tells me this morning that they infact are not replacing the transmission, they will strip it and replace the "worn components" this to me is the last straw. soon as it comes back im selling it. Iv put a request in to the owner of the dealership (Micheal Boyer) but like the rest of it I seriousky doubt he wants to talk to me.

Anyone know where the listing for regional reps could be?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Please continue to fight, I know it may be easier just to sell it and be done, but Kia needs to be held accountable for this along with the incompetent dealer. This will help others who may be in the same situation in the future. This dealer may lose out from corporate because of the way they are treating you.

The regional rep can be summoned from Kia customer support or from the service manager. It usually takes them a few days to assess the issue. I would ask them not to do anymore work until the district service manager is able to look over the issue.

Have you thought about legal representation?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I considered getting a lawyer yes but being broke doesnt help lol

I got a call from them just now, seems one of my emails to a source inside the dealer made its way to someone good and they called telling me that the rental will now cover the entire length of repair. They also mentioned that HQ contacted them regarding yet another email and they will be replacing the transmission and I can expect it back in a few days.

Fingers crossed, Thanks for all the support guys...Driving my moms civic has maybe got to me

FS

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hate to lose someone to a civic but I understand if you go. You should givw the car another chance once you get it back though.

Grats on the victory..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No no I'm not going Honda, was just driving my parents 99 lol

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Dude, I hate hearing about dealer woes. I've been so very happy with mine!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Got It back today,

dealer is even going to put synthetic back into it (after the aleged "break in" ) so thats good news. Although the rattle I mentioned to them was deemed "internal transmission noise" yet it still exhists lol thanks all for helpin me out.

(dealer reneged on fluid change, rattle is a loose plate on the back of the engine they refuse to fix, found after the bolt fell out)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.