Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a new owner of a forte 5 and iv had it for 3 days and barly noticed a noise coming from the a/c unit . at less i believe its the a/c unit.

so let me explain, im driving maybe 50 miles with the a/c on i come home and pull in my drive way turn off the a/c and hear a squelling noise or rubbing..
i turn the a/c back on and the noise goes away...
so i turn the car off for about ten min. turn it back on with the a/c off and no noise ...

so i turned on the a/c on just to see if it happens and i turn off the a/c and the noise comes back ... any one having this problem? the car only has 6700 miles so i know if its major i should be covered? well any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
I know I don't own a five , but my koup sound like it has the exact same problem it started at 3,000 miles noise started out just like your talking about at first it was kind of hard to hear.. and I went throu the same thing, so then

Took it too the dealer my dealer said all was fine.. I disagreed .. came back 3 times they found nothing.. But

Now just this friday I'm hearing a major squeal, it sounds like a pully for sure on the power stearing pump/ ac pump or the alt.. I told them that at 3,000 miles
So now its loud and on monday I'm going in to see what they do I'll post up when I get a fix..
Ps my car now has 20,000 miles on it now so.. like I said it just now started getting bad enough I think they can't ignore it this time.

*sorry 4 long post*

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well hopefully when i go in this week for a detail and oil change i can get it to happen in front of a tech person who would have to tell me whats worng since when they do it they cant seem to reproduce the problem.
but ya if it is a pulley or tensioner i dont think that is covered by warranty?

bottom line is hopefully it is something small that can be fixed without hassle

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
Hopefully.. you have better luck with this issue then I have..
I wish you the best.. and do please post up your results when you go in for
your service vist :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just took a drive right now with the ac on , not a 50 mile trip maybe 10 and got home turned it off and no noise. im thinking it could be the clucth on the compressor or something maybe got stuck or even just a one time flaw lol and thats what im hoping but will let you know later in the week when i go in and hopefully it dont happen again just so i can get it out of my head

·
Registered
144 Posts
I dont have that noise. I hear a very small and faint noise like the fan is squeeking but only on the lowest setting with very low radio volume.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts