Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have people been having any problems with the Koup paint? Im getting rock chips and I've had it a whole 2 months. Its rather annoying on a new car. Also I have th 2.0 and when I hit around 40 and let off the gas then try to accelerate it hesitates bad (almost caused me to get into a wreck). Any one else notice this or having the same issue. I'd assume since its a 4 speed auto with high gearing thats where the problem lies. Any ideas on fixes or just wait till someone get plowed into then they will look at it?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have a few rock chips too on the hood which I didn't even know about since I usually hear or see the rocks when they impact the car. It sure doesn't take much to chip. I have a manual tranny so haven't seen the issue you describe.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
part of the solution lightweight pulley

·
Registered
166 Posts
if you have a racing red koup its seem to be a problem with this paint this is what my dealer said to me and I called kia canada about my front bumper and they are paying all the cost for repainting it, its seem to be becuse the paint is putted on the car too fast and the primer didnt have any chance to dry up so,actually my car is at the body shop for this but its was a long process and discussions to get it done, they don't wanted to paid the first time!!! what's this 5 years warranty bumpers to bumpers if we cannot have the bumper fixed I told to the girl from kia canada ! Ive been hungry and I said that Ill put alot of pics of this all over the internet and the same day they called me back and they are now going to pay for it. weird story !.

I hope the bodyshop gonna make a clean job on this ! and I hope my rear bumper will be ok after some kms.! my car only have 5000kms but I started the discussion when the car only have 600KMS on it !.its was looked like a 300 000kms over car with this shit!..

after this I feel not very safe with the kia warranty and the kia make! this is a bad feeling for a new kia owner :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
well being that the forte is priced low with all these great extra's that come standard pretty sure they are going to use some kind of cheap paint :), just get touch up paint from the dealer (pretty sure regular auto stores don't have the paint yet since they are new cars), and get a skinny paint brush and just light touch it up, i dont really like the paint brush that comes with the touch up paint, thats why its good to get the skinny painters brush u can get from home depot, hardware store, or some kind of art store :) or even a 99 cent store lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have people been having any problems with the Koup paint? Im getting rock chips and I've had it a whole 2 months. Its rather annoying on a new car. Also I have th 2.0 and when I hit around 40 and let off the gas then try to accelerate it hesitates bad (almost caused me to get into a wreck). Any one else notice this or having the same issue. I'd assume since its a 4 speed auto with high gearing thats where the problem lies. Any ideas on fixes or just wait till someone get plowed into then they will look at it?
You are going to have rocks hitting your car no matter what car you drive or what paint you have. I have had my KOUP for 4 months now and it and its paint made it through the worst winter on record here in Pittsburgh, we came out of it with only a few given scratches from rocks, ice, etc. But again, that's obviously expected on any car. You cant really expect to avoid chips and scratches unless you are driving a urban assault vehicle, and even then you will most likely see a couple. Like you said, we paid 20 grand for our cars with a lot of standard stuff that others don't have the pleasure of enjoying. So I would try to avoid getting caught up in scratches in your paint, its expected no matter what car you have and I highly doubt its because your car was painted with sub-par paint. Try not to stress about it, it happens to everyone.

For your shift hesitation issue, I don't know if you saw the TSB announcements posted on another thread here on the forum. In case you didnt, I have attached a link for the TSB for shift hesitation for your model KOUP assuming you have the 2.0 as you preciously stated above. As I have done, You can take it to your dealer and ask them to run it to see if its had the update yet. Turns out I didn't qualify for it, but after reading about it here I started to imagine it on my shifts, funny how things happen that way. My dealer said that there's no problem with your computer or shifting, but he also said the car learns your driving pattern. For example: If you have drivin alot using your slap-stick, and then go back to automatic, your cars brain shifts in automatic as you did on the slap-stick. I found that after driving in automatic for a few weeks, the hesitation cleared up significantly and now if it happens again, I now know how to correct it and what is causing it, instead of thinking that its a problem with the shifting. Turns out that its all on how you drive and what patterns your cars CPU picks up on. Hope I could help a little. :cool:

*TSB shift hesitation link: http://members.shaw.ca/westernAvenger/TSBs/TSB_PCMupgradrShiftImprove2L_AT.pdf

·
Registered
519 Posts
i havent had problems with rocks yet but i did have a scratch on the door handle from my girlfriend.... i went and bought a clay bar and ICE clay wax stuff from autozone..... needless to say the scratch dosent exist ne more... i would deff invest it in and see if u can get the rock chips out

·
Registered
56 Posts
It took 2 years for the paint on my previous new car to look as bad as it does on my 2 month old koup. Not to impressed about it. I can just imagine what it'll look like in 2 years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah i got the same problem with my paint to . I have appt with the dealer to look at it . i got a car with 130,000 miles on it at home and the paint dont look as bad as the new car with 8,000 miles on it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.