Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say (just in theory) that I wanted to have lights that flash to the bass in my car, but I don't want them to be sound-activated. Would wiring them directly to my amp's power wires cause any problems?

I know that there's a risk I'll blow the lights out (LED, in case you're wondering), but is there any risk of damage to the amp itself?

·
Registered
87 Posts
As long as they're 12 volt lights and you wire to the ign. controlled wire, I think you'll be fine. Just make sure you wire in parallel, not series. :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
If you don't wanna take power from the amp, just use a relay and hook it up to the amp, that way the amp only gives the signal. and as far as i know, it doesn't realy matter how much power your amp is pushing as long as it is 12V.

·
Registered
289 Posts
simply connecting your lights to the amp power wire will not cause the lights to blink to the beat. (that is signal driven..not power depravation) the only way the lights would change is if the power draw from the amps caused a dip in the power that was available and the lights would dim...like your headlights would if you didn't have a big enough alternator. there is a thread about adding this feature somewhere here. you need a module to do what you are after

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/3690-footwell-music-synced-led-finally-did.html

it was you noodile!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts