Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For lack of a better place to put this posting here.

Couple threads about gauge mounting have come up and people worried about blocking or damaging the airbag in the A pillar. Have a look at this video and tell me if you think the a pillar even moves. I dont think it does but could use some extra eyes.

Thanks ahead of time.

Shawn

·
Registered
78 Posts
Camera View #8, Frame #23, Time 0.0230 (0:23 on the video)

It looks like the airbag deploys from the top, near the seam of the headliner and the a-pillar. But that's just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Actually it does i removed the plastic and have seen a small pouch on the upper side so we are all good for moutin im just going to replace that plastic with a gauge pod :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
***first, remember to disconnect Battery, when doing anywork around or near an airbag.***
Forte has 6 airbags (not including windbag in passenger seat)lol. Ooops , did i say that:) And anti whiplash headrests.

Curtain airbags are installed inside the headliner (LH and RH). The SRSCM determines deployment of curtain airbag by using side impact sensor (SIS) signal.

The Side Airbags (SAB) are installed inside the front and rear seat and protect the driver and front passenger from danger when side crash occurs. The SRSCM determines deployment of side airbag by using Side Impact Sensor (SIS) signal.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Thanks for the info disconnecting the battery is a smart thing to do lol

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That side impact looks painful. Fractured hip and ribs from that door buckling in so far I can see for sure, at least the side of the head wallops the air bag and not the window.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
yeah.. looks like sitting back there might cause serious back/whiplash issues as well , I'd much rather be in the front of the car if something happened.. but atleast your more likely to walk away now no matter if your in front or back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Only 6 airbags?! I could have sworn I counted 5 airbag decals per side; front, seat, a-pillar, b-pillar, c-pillar...

oh wait, watching the video more closely I see that the curtain DEPLOYS from all three pillars, but it is in-fact, ONE airbag... hmmm...

It does looks like the door could use another side-impact beam, huh? Ouch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts