Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I copy and paste my songs to my flash sticks, the order I had listed has been changed on play back. I tried numerous times to correct this but with no luck. I'm using Windows Media Player to do this and this is how I'm doing this: C:\Program Files\70's Folk Songs\_38 Special\Anthology

If anyone has any ideas to correct this problem, I'd be in your dept. I also tried using the View drop down menu and tried all kinds of combination's. Thank you :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
honestly i have no idea.. the flash drives were to much hassle for me by putting the songs into different folders and crap so i just bought the ipod cord and use my iphone...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you hazmat & forte-r, my thoughts exactly. Main thing I have those songs to drive by,lol. Best Regards, and Aloha :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I found the best thing to do is set up folders of artists or genres. That way you have a subset of songs in each folder....you can even double songs in folders if you want. That way you can have a "My fav's" folder with all your ABBA and Katy Perry, but you can also set up an ABBA only folder.......just in case you cruise to that.

Or do what i did and give up on that method and get an ipod/cord because it's nicer when machines to the work for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nothing works for me either. We probably have to wait for the next firmware update from Kia for the radio.
The function of the radio is a bit lacking.
Sounds great tho!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the additional info jarret_g & cuezone, I'll try to figure this thingy out when I have time and if I figure it out, I'll post it here. :) Best Regards.

*It's all fun and games until a wheel falls off*

·
Registered
576 Posts
I didn't use WMP, I just opened up My Music and the dragged each folder into my flash drive all my songs are in order. When I burn a MP3 CD using Windows Media Player the same thing happens to me, songs not in order , it use to bug me

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I personally name my files as follows:
Artist-Album-Track #-Title.

I then put them in folder by artist on my usb key. I always drop a whole folder when I copy new music.

I have never had problems with songs being out of order.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mahalo (Thank You) FEARtheFOX, I will try this method this weekend :). Thank you all for your input, such support means a lot to me :). Best Regards and Aloha :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts