Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHY I AM HAPPY: Had my oil changed from regular conventional oil to Castrol Full synthetic w/ a Wix filter today at 4500 mi. This is my second oil change. First oil change was done at 1700 miles. I didn't notice any significant change in performance which I really didn't plan on. I am just happy knowing I am putting in the best liquid for my car. Even if my MPG stays the same and I still change it out at 3000 miles instead of the suggested mileage for synthetic I feel I have got my moneys worth.

Also rotated my tires while I was there as well and took of the goofy Kia hubcaps. Looks better with nothing on there. Can't wait for spring so I can put on some real wheels....

WHY I AM PISSED: In order for my mechanic to get to my oil first thing this morning since I called in last minute I parked my car at his shop overnight so I could take my fiance to work and keep her car since this is my day off. Well after I go to pick it up a little bit ago I went in and the mechanic said someone decided to have fun with my car. They wrote with there fingertips, "WASH THIS BITCH"....I was floored....Noone, absolutely noone is allowed to touch my paint. My kids get the death look if they are even near it. So this asshole whoever they are decides to run his/her greasy frigging fingers across my paint, with salt all over my car from the last few days of bad snow we got. Mechanic told me he didn't want to touch it because he knows how particular I am. So I had to go right from there to carwash. I can still faintly see the outline of it cuz I couldn't get a microfiber wash rag out to handwash it at the automatic because there was a line. ASSHOLES!!! Why do people feel its necessary to fuck with other peoples shit. I mean that's why people get killed. Didn't we learn to keep our hands to ourselves in K-G???

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops this belongs in the sedan general discussion.....

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To me that is like pissing on me...or spitting on me....It could have been worst but there is no need to have to even worry about it being worst. People just need to grow up.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That car wash gets enough of my money...I can't afford to pay more than what I do now...I'm spending like $5.25 a week now to get the salt off...Yea about 3 car washes a week is what I been averaging over the last 3-4 weeks...I hate my car being dirty, let alone salt being on it.

Ahhh beer. YES! I have a few of those left from last nights game. Serving one up. Wait no I have kids to pick up in a little bit from school. Okay later, but thanks for reminding me!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
That means you can have 1 now with a bag of munchies.. If you slam it really fast, you will metabolize it before picking up the kids in a few hours, and you might get a buzz!

The point of my statement of course is to relax a little bit. In the grand scheme of life, this is small potatoes. I don't want you having a heart attack just because you're tightly wound. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're right...I'll keep the beer for later, that's all I need is to get buzzed and have the school call to pick up my daughter early cuz she is sick....My luck!

·
Registered
196 Posts
For the Castrol there won't be a significant change in performance. Usually after about 2 oil changes with synthetics you will have a smoother engine and a slight increase in mpg. Nothing from the butt dyno for any oil change.

I would be pissed with someone messing with my car also so I understand your anger. The only protection would be to never leave it alone overnight for service. Unfortunately it could also happen at any parking lot while shopping or whatever. Some people are like that and the only way to stop them would be too catch them in the act then cause them physical pain.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I know...I guess it could be worse. I could have had windows smashed or people jumping on my car like some members here, and I completely feel there pain, but dammit I finally get a new car and someone messes with it. It wasn't left unattended last night as he locked it in the back but parked it up front for about 45 minutes this morning in the front lot since he also sells used cars so that was when it happened which as you said it could happen anywhere...It will be okay...Just a good excuse for a professional detailing in spring!!!! At least in my mind.

·
Registered
202 Posts
At least someone didn't slide through a stop lite and hit your front end. Car is 1 month old today..

There was nothing I could do, so why worry. Life goes on..

Plus side, I will have a Koup front bumper on my Sedan...lol

·
Registered
641 Posts
All the more reason to do your own maintenance...

I'm running Mobil 1 in my Celica for 8,000 miles and get an occasional used oil analysis that always comes back great saying it could even go significantly longer. Up to about 200,000 miles with no issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm about to change the oil for the first time on my Koup. Is it hard to get the oil filter out? I know it was a bitch on my other car, ended up having to take it in. Even had a tool to do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.