Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I crazy? Ive searched this forum and google and not finding anyone specifically talking about stereo bluetooth.

does the forte support playing music over bluetooth (ipod, cell phone, BT enabled mp3)?

My phone is windows mobile 6.5 and I just put a new rom on it. I dont know if I am unable to send the audio over due to some cheese with this rom, or if the car cant do it.

Thank

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't been able to get my Forte EX radio to work with a2dp. I'm now waiting on my iPod cable from ebay to use with my iPhone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No... sadly no A2DP. I just bought my girl a Forte last night, knowing that it didn't support it. It's a big minus for me... but for some reason she doesn't seem to mind.

Her and I both have Moto Droid's... I'm in the process of seeing if I can find a custom ROM that pushes stereo audio/music over HPF. Even if I can, it'll only broadcast in mono, but it'll be better than nothing.

Your other option is to plug your phone's USB cable into the port in the car, and put your phone in mass storage mode. It's not a wireless solution, and it takes a few seconds for the car to recognize the device... but it seems to be the most viable option at the moment. Other option is obviously to just plug in with a headphone jack, but you'd be forced to control your music thru the phone then.

Side note, if you have nav on your phone, it will NOT push nav audio thru USB... you'd HAVE to go with the headphone jack for that. I'm gonna see in the coming months if I can rig an aftermarket bluetooth adapter to the AUX or USB input in the car to get a better solution... and in the mean time pray that KIA decides to put an A2DP profile in the radio with a new flash... but something tells me that won't happen.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
well that answers my Q. i too have the moto droid and one of the reasons i bought it was because of the bluetooth and i was told it should work. darnit!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have Bluetooth music :) my nav unit supports it and it works awesome. Can play iPod or pandora or anything like that and my iPhone is in my pocket :) great addition to the car!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Its a clarion nx500. It has everything built into it, a2dp Bluetooth, nav, etc. Google it. Installed it with the metra dash kit for 30$ and looks almost stock.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Kjinxx, I completely understand that. Luckily it was a gift from Santa :) but that was just a plus to have, rly just wanted the nav with a few other things and got basically everything in one. It rly doesn't seem that difficult to put that software in the car so I don't get why Kia doesn't do that. It seems like a lot of people want that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2010 Forte SX with stock head unit and it plays music from my iphone via Bluetooth just fine. It was a great surprise as I thought it would only do phone via Bluetooth but I opened up my ipod app and tried it and it worked.

·
Registered
695 Posts
it seems like the iphone is the only one that is supported by our headunit. Everyone else looks like they are stuck with using one of the wired methods.

ShaksForteSX: looking foward to getting my new headunit next month, this month calls for remote start and alarm system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
wait wait, what do you have to do in order to get your iphone to do it? i have a SX it does phone calls, but how do i do the music @neebaum thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Forte SX with stock head unit and it plays music from my iphone via Bluetooth just fine. It was a great surprise as I thought it would only do phone via Bluetooth but I opened up my ipod app and tried it and it worked.
OK, I have a 2010 SX with the stock head unit with bluetooth and an iPhone 4. I can't seem to get it to stream music from my phone to the unit via bluetooth. How did you get it to work? What setting was the radio on in order to make it work?

I was listening to music once via an aux cord and took an incoming phone call...After i hung the call up my music was not playing...I looked down and it gave me the option to transfer to the car via bluetooth but it only played for a few seconds before disappearing. I say all that to say that I know it's possible I just can't get it to work right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i dont know where to put my question, but here it is:

The audio system in the car (Cerato 2013) is good, but has some rare behaviour, im not sure if this is in all models or just mine, these 3 issues i have with it:

- i paired any phone by bluetooth, but im not able to use the buttons in radio nor steering wheel to control music over bluetooth (AVRCP profile??), not even the info of the songs, just a message that says "MP3 play"
- if i connect my iphone with the cable you provided, im listening music, but i disconect the phone or the cable, the radio returns always to AM. Why it cant return to where i was before i conected the phone in the first place?
- if im listening music from usb or iphone, i set the random option, the i answer a call over bluetooth, when the radio returns to play music it looses the random option. Why is that?

these are my concern.

Will these issues be resolved in a future firmware version for the audio system? i think those need to be solved, and the audio system need implemented some bluetooth profiles (AVRCP and HDP at least i think). Or is just my car with this behaviour?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts