Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 KIA FORTE EX 2.0
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes my tires have been done. i got new ones in April and had them balanced again about 2 weeks ago before a 24 hour road trip ( i hoped that was the issue) so before that is all i am told is my tires, its not!

So I got the 2010 forte not even a year ago it had 130k on it when I got it. It now has over 180k. I drive about 1000 miles a week for work. So before my road trip there was a slight bounce/shake to my car. Took had it all fixed up tires balance, oil change air filter cabin filter wipers headlights coil pack plugs, i mean whole 9 yards. Well I still kind of felt the shake But i took it is crap Arkansas back roads. Well I started to notice it get worse over time. This morning on my way to work I had already been driving about an hour and half so only 30 mins left to go... umm no! my car started to shake BAD! I do not recall it shaking the steering wheel it seemed to be straight still and i was able to turn into the parking lot no issue but the curve did feel like there was a hint of drifting. Let off the gas slight press to the brakes Nope, that felt like I was near death in rush hour, better just coast... I was able to get pulled over, once I hit over 40 mph the shake was horrid but under that it was still there but not to the point i felt like my car was going to fall apart. I did happen to notice that when the A/C was on it did more shake to it and i could kind if see my hood shake when at a light and there would be a slight tick/knock noise when i would first hit the gas. Dont know if all that is related. I mean its been a great car. we did brakes and all that jazz when did tires. and Have been a full synth oil nazi about it because how much i am on the road. I have had some vehicle issues in the past with my trucks and jeeps but never anything like this with a car. Got any ideas? I've looked around her and seen a few things but nothing just fits my situation.

car just had to jack up on me the week i work 6 12hr shifts this week

·
Registered
2010 KIA FORTE EX 2.0
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor mounts loose or failing?
That was my first thought but wouldn't I hear something? the only sound i ever hear is a small tick when i first touch the gas thats been there since i got it. I just always assumed / hear I would hear metal like clacking if that was the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts