581 Posts
What does it mean?
Mechanically? Belt?
Electronically? Climate control unit?
Or electrically? Relay?

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,591 Posts
My 2011 Forte Service manual only shows the belt routing with an AC compressor. Although Kia lists a belt for non-AC Fortes - I've never seen a Forte without an AC compressor. Did Kia sell Fortes without AC?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,591 Posts
I get what you're wanting to do - but I don't see how you could because of the way the alternator and idler is positioned:

Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel Font Auto part

Wheel Motor vehicle White Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
I don't know if this would work:

Wheel Motor vehicle White Automotive design Automotive lighting

You could run a string around the red areas, measure the string, and then get a belt that size and try it.

Might work temporarily - but I'd bet the alternator would slip.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Kia does show a belt for non-ac Fortes...maybe up North you could check wrecking yards, however you'd probably spend as much as a new clutch/pulley assembly:

Product Font Camera lens Line Screenshot

The sound may be the clutch/pulley bearing - so replacing that might stop your noise.

I just have never seen a non-ac Forte - so I have no idea how they set up the serpentine belt pulley system.

Are you sure it is the compressor making noise - and not an idler pulley?

If the compressor IS making the noise have you disconnected the wires to the clutch to see if that would shut it up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts