Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I have Kia Forte 2016 LX model. The problem that I noticed is when I press the gas pedal the car doesn't respond to accelerate, I'm keep pushing more and more, then transmission goes down 2 or more gears and it starts goes to fast, but I'm, still feeling that something pulls the car back. Driving in town traffic is a huge problem. Also me fuel economy went down from 26-27 in town driving to 22 mpg. I'm feeling it as lack of power. No lights on the dash board. Also I tried different gas station from my usual one and even with premium gas the problem still persist. ECO mode is OFF, the A/C is OFF. Also I tried to drive it in tiptronic mode and I noticed the same slow acceleration on every gear.
I have another one car Chevy Cavalier 1998 2.2. A couple years ago I had the same problem and it was defective Air flow sensor /MAP or MAF sensor I'm not sure what is the name of it/.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Or at least get the computer scanned for codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I haven't yet. I saw a lot of people having the same problem on internet and even after they brought their cars to the dealer the problem is still there. No lights on the dash, could I still have any codes?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Yes, you could still have codes. I have an inexpensive OBD-II code scanner I purchased years ago. Comes in handy in these types of situations.

Reactions: ForteSX2.4

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ook..I just did order "BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII" from Amazon. I hope I didn't make a mistake and it'll do the same job...or not?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure, but if it is, what cause this problem and how it can be fixed? I saw some of the people having the same problem the dealer replaced their throttle body, but even after that the problem still persist.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure, but if it is, what cause this problem and how it can be fixed? I saw some of the people having the same problem the dealer replaced their throttle body, but even after that the problem still persist.
I have noticed the same issue with my Forte and all I can say is that it could be the gas and possibly take it out on the highways for about 20 minutes at highway speeds asb that seemed to clear it out but I have noticed it on steep hills and I am thinking it is just the fact that it is only a 1.8L engines that you will see this.

·
Registered
11 Posts

hello...i see this post is from May....are you still experiencing the lag? i have a 17' forte5 and only notice the acceleration lag when the car is not in 'sport' mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello there. I have Kia Forte 2016 LX model. The problem that I noticed is when I press the gas pedal the car doesn't respond to accelerate, I'm keep pushing more and more, then transmission goes down 2 or more gears and it starts goes to fast, but I'm, still feeling that something pulls the car back. Driving in town traffic is a huge problem. Also me fuel economy went down from 26-27 in town driving to 22 mpg. I'm feeling it as lack of power. No lights on the dash board. Also I tried different gas station from my usual one and even with premium gas the problem still persist. ECO mode is OFF, the A/C is OFF. Also I tried to drive it in tiptronic mode and I noticed the same slow acceleration on every gear.
I have another one car Chevy Cavalier 1998 2.2. A couple years ago I had the same problem and it was defective Air flow sensor /MAP or MAF sensor I'm not sure what is the name of it/.
hello I had the same issue dealer was clueless wanted to replace entire exhaust system and or transmission. I put in a fuel additive and ran the car first on idle for 30 mins then I took it for a drive fast and hard. My car would not go pass 65-70 and just floored the petal my car motor very slightly jump had a couple of miss fire codes right after and now runs like new! I think the GDI system the cause and fuel additive is a must!

·
Registered
4 Posts

hello...i see this post is from May....are you still experiencing the lag? i have a 17' forte5 and only notice the acceleration lag when the car is not in 'sport' mode.
Can you accelerate pass 75-80 on sport mode. I could not. I truly added a cleaning fuel additive and idle the car for 30 min then took it out on automatic drive and was able to push the speeds to 120 which was a problem for over a week. Dealer claimed possible clog exhaust or transmission issue I was looking at over 5k to diagnosed incorrectly be the dealer. I truly believe GDI system needs a continuous clean fuel additive it was fix that save me easily 5k. Bout the dealership did get me for $300 on replacement of the transmission fluid ouch! which was not needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
GDI system is the problem simple fix fuel cleaning additive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has been doing the same thing. It is at Kia as we speak will keep an update if they tell me anything!

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine just started doing this as well. I've had it 4 years now 41853 miles its started to lag on accelerating in the freeway which frightens me. Even when I step the pedal it seems to gear down and then push forward. I'm thinking of taking it to the dealer to see whats happening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took my Kia Forte 2016 to the dealer for the exact same issue... Couldn't get my car to go above 65 on a freeway in LA going uphill with four passengers in the car (not sure if weight has to do with it?). Very frustrating! Had to stay in the slowest lane. Nerve wracking. Went to the dealer and they said they didn't find anything wrong. I'm the first owner of the car and it has only 32,000 miles since I bought it end of 2016.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014 forte and mines has just started doing the same thing. I put an additive in and ran it on the expressway and it did not help. Trying to go up a small incline is like getting out and pushing the car. My RPM will go to almost 3 and then drop to 2 before it starts driving a normal speed. Will take to dealer and let everyone know what they say.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Listen to the exhaust...does it sound like a hissing sound while accelerating? If so, the catalytic converter, resonator, or muffler could be stopped up. That would explain no trouble codes too! I had that happen before...twice! (but not in my Kias so far)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m at the dealer now. The car has 4 cylinder coils and one has gone bad. The computer tells the car to go in engine and transmission protective mode as to not ruin anything major. One of mines has went out so I’m having it replaced and he said it should go back to normal. I’ll keep you informed if it works

1 - 20 of 22 Posts