Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Forte GT Manual
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this might be an obvious answer but I’m just curious lol. When using adaptive cruise control and the car has to break or slow down does it actually turn the brake lights on so cars behind you can see or is it using more engine brake to do it without the lights coming on?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,193 Posts
Darned good question!

I've wondered the same thing when my car slows drastically to a car turning in front of me - sometimes it almost comes to a stop even though the turning car is out of the way - I worry about getting rear ended at those times. I made it a habit of turning off the cruise when I see the cars ahead slowing or turning ahead now.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT Red Currant, 2022 Forte GT Sporty Blue
67 Posts
Yes it will turn your brake lights on. Most of my cruise control driving is on my way to work at 4am, so whenever it slows down for someone who is driving slower in front of me, if there isn't distance to slowly slow down, it will apply the brakes instead. If there is enough distance, it only lessens the acceleration to bring you to an adjusted lower speed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts