Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Not to sound rude, but You should read the forums before posting a question, there has been many topics on this already, do a little research :)

· Registered
407 Posts
Ok, well you will need, a Line output converter, hooked up to your rear speakers, what that does is takes the signal and turns it into RCA's, Then you will need at least an 8ga amp kit, make sure it has, a fuse holder, Remote Turn on wire, power and ground wires, as well as a good set of RCA's. then sub and amp, and you should be good to go.

BW

· Registered
407 Posts
Yeah, the amp kit has everything you need, but I would be looking at a higher quality one, like Stinger or something....like this one Stinger Electronics | Product Details Crappy wiring will make your system sound like crap.

No thats not the converter you need, you would use that if you were connecting an aftermarket headunit to you stock wiring.

you need something like this, its called a high level output converter, or a line level converter, like this Stinger Electronics | Product Details Speaker wire in RCA's out

I was just looking at your sub/amp combo it looks like the amp has a high level input built in, so you would just need to splice that harness into your existing rear speakers.

I really think you should have an installer do this for you, most installers charge about a 100 bucks to install an amp, and you supply the wiring kit. No need for a high-low level converter with that amp.
BW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.