Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new papa of a 5 door EX m/t, which obviously is not available with the factory navigation unit. I want to add it, but really want to maintain the factory controls, Bluetooth, etc. I am a certified installer so I know the all there is to discuss about aftermarket stereos being better and all, just would rather retain the factory setup that is available in the SX models.... Does anyone know where I can get that unit? Anyone selling one that replaced it??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more question to add....does anyone know if an adapter is available to maintain the steering wheel controls when changing the radio out?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Dan, I am currently looking for someone to buy my stock head unit! I have a 2010 koup SX and it is the head unit from factory with the front fascia plate. Its in perfect condition! I would love to sell it! PM me if u r interested and shoot me an offer!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm an idiot and didn't read correctly :( u want the nav unit correct? I don't have a factory nav unit, just the factory head unit from a 2010. My bad

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
If I were you I'd give a shot at asking your dealership if there's any way they can put the head unit in for you. I'm sure you can do it yourself with the right advice but if the dealership won't charge much for an install then it might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the thought Shaks, but yes I want the Nav system. xxRockA, I am in Natick working with Lev Kia in Framingham, but they werent particularly interested in helping out too much on this. I can easily do the install myself, just need to find someone who has the unit and is interested in parting with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.