Kia Forte Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, im outside, just finished my Turbokits CAI install... but wtf my car wont start. I followed all of the directions, the connections are tight... please help...

P.S. When i was taking off the negative battery terminal, some sparks flew. I dont know why. I was not touching both ends of the battery, id be dead. is it possibile that my battery fried my ECU? God i hope not... what would I do?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also did you connect the ecu back up?
Of course! I followed all of the directions, everything is tight. How did my battery spark like that? Is it possible to fry an ECU with a spark? I wasnt touching the ECU when it sparked.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you re-connect the battery? Sorry...I had to ask
Yes. I tightened the terminal back on the battery. I could have gotten anything switched around because I only unlatched one terminal. And the ECU plugs can only go in their own places.

All of the accessory functions work, but the car wont start.

Turbokits needs a emergency hotline lol

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Of course! I followed all of the directions, everything is tight. How did my battery spark like that? Is it possible to fry an ECU with a spark? I wasnt touching the ECU when it sparked.
Just asking... Sometimes it's the simple things we forget.

What's happening when you turn the key?

Does it do anything or just dead completely

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its rocking hard. The engine is turning over but it wont ignite.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a puller inside the fuse box- look at the diagram- you'll find it.
Which one would you recommend checking? You can tell its blown when the wire is missing right? Sorry, im electricity illiterate.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Man that really suks! I hope you find a blown fuse! If not , then I would put the old air box back in and call the dealer and act like you have no idea why it wont start:eek:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Which one would you recommend checking? You can tell its blown when the wire is missing right? Sorry, im electricity illiterate.
What the heck...check them all! Yes the metal connection between the two prongs will look fried or missing. If the car turns over and you have all of your dash lights working then the fuse or relay for your fuel pump would most likely be the culprit.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah there is one called a start relay.... cant take it out with my hands. I checked a fuse labeled "start" inside the car, and it wasnt fried... Wow my luck...

It was OK putting it in, it wont be fun taking it out again... lammmmeee!!!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.