Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Manual
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am addicted to information; and can't stand not knowing what's going on with my engine, so I am thinking of adding an Aeroforce gauge to my GT? Has anyone done this? I am wondering about the functionality, and also the mounting solution you used. It looks like the Veloster N has the same style side defroster vent, so I think the pod would also fit our Fortes.

Here's a link to the gauge I'm talking about, if you're not familiar.
Clicky the linky

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am addicted to information; and can't stand not knowing what's going on with my engine, so I am thinking of adding an Aeroforce gauge to my GT? Has anyone done this? I am wondering about the functionality, and also the mounting solution you used. It looks like the Veloster N has the same style side defroster vent, so I think the pod would also fit our Fortes.

Clicky the linky
Call them and ask for fitment details.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

Clicky the linky
Did you get the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge and mount?

·
Registered
80 Posts

Clicky the linky
Have you considered just an OBDII scanner? not as cool but does the job lol
I bought one from amazon Veepeak mini wifi OBDII scanner for iOS and android ($17 maybe). I use it along w/ car scanner app for iphone. You plug it in to your obdII port , open the app , and you can have some live readings under your dashboard. The ones I track when I use the device: boost, IAT's, A/F, timing...and maybe something else I cant recall..
just a thought.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
OBDII scanner is not as cool as having a gauge on the dash or or on the pillar post...😀

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Manual
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you considered just an OBDII scanner? not as cool but does the job lol
I bought one from amazon Veepeak mini wifi OBDII scanner for iOS and android ($17 maybe). I use it along w/ car scanner app for iphone. You plug it in to your obdII port , open the app , and you can have some live readings under your dashboard. The ones I track when I use the device: boost, IAT's, A/F, timing...and maybe something else I cant recall..
just a thought.
I already have TorquePro, and have OBDaa (or whatever it's called); but I don't want to rely on my phone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dave @ Needless Torque (well know tuner of SRT-4's when these gauges were popular before Diablosport was available) calls them the Error force gauges.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Dave @ Needless Torque (well know tuner of SRT-4's when these gauges were popular before Diablosport was available) calls them the Error force gauges.
Error force gauge...is that because it sounds like Aeroforce or was there a problem with accuracy...:cool:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Error force gauge...is that because it sounds like Aeroforce or was there a problem with accuracy...:cool:
I think people were using them to monitor the narrow band 02 in those cars and I think the sample rate was a problem.

IMHO it's just something else to read the "boost" the car makes. I am in full agreement with Gale Banks, the boost gauge is dead to me.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I was interested in the aeroforce interceptor gauge but $250 just for the gauge and then the cost of mounting it made it less desirable. After getting help from Olszewski (who helped me pick out the items I needed) I settled on the OBDLink LX and an Android 9.0 "DragonTouch" 10" tablet to keep up with engine information.

Here is the screen I made using the OBDLink App:

Gauges.jpg

You can customize your gauges or bars, if you don't like gauges, and can literally choose anything that is available in the OBDII of your car to monitor.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Manual
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah. I'm, pretty much, off the Aeroforce gauge. If I can't make it, easily, look like it belongs, I don't want to do it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You can log everything you need with the JB4 and the price has increased likely due to chip shortages that are well publicized at this point.

Plus you get a massive power increase. If you ask me about warranty and stuff I will smack you because I did have a problem. When the car had too much ethanol in it, I got a CEL and it drove fine for awhile but then it weirded out into some sort of limp home mode.

After a few chats with Terry @burger Motorsports I decided to take to the dealer. I took the JB4 out but I left the the OBD cable and the harness for the wide band there.

I told the service assistant manager I had a tune on the car and that I wanted know if there was a sensor fault or something' I knew the engine wasn't damaged because it idled smoothly and didn't miss under acceleration it just wouldn't go over 2500 rpm.

He said if they found any damage and it was related to the tune that would void any warranty related repairs. I am fine with that and so should you.

Actually by the time I headed to the dealer after the JB4 had been disconnected for about 24 hours, everything returned to normal.

When the dealer found ZERO wrong, they changed the oil, rotated the tires, washed it and gave it back to me. I went home re-installed the JB4 and it hasn't missed a beat since.

So instead of looking for some way to monitor the car when there's nothing to can do about it get a JB4 and have some fun.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Manual
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can log everything you need with the JB4 and the price has increased likely due to chip shortages that are well publicized at this point.

Plus you get a massive power increase. If you ask me about warranty and stuff I will smack you because I did have a problem. When the car had too much ethanol in it, I got a CEL and it drove fine for awhile but then it weirded out into some sort of limp home mode.

After a few chats with Terry @burger Motorsports I decided to take to the dealer. I took the JB4 out but I left the the OBD cable and the harness for the wide band there.

I told the service assistant manager I had a tune on the car and that I wanted know if there was a sensor fault or something' I knew the engine wasn't damaged because it idled smoothly and didn't miss under acceleration it just wouldn't go over 2500 rpm.

He said if they found any damage and it was related to the tune that would void any warranty related repairs. I am fine with that and so should you.

Actually by the time I headed to the dealer after the JB4 had been disconnected for about 24 hours, everything returned to normal.

When the dealer found ZERO wrong, they changed the oil, rotated the tires, washed it and gave it back to me. I went home re-installed the JB4 and it hasn't missed a beat since.

So instead of looking for some way to monitor the car when there's nothing to can do about it get a JB4 and have some fun.
I've had that idea; but my car is still too young, in my opinion, for that. I haven't even made it to the first service, yet. I want to be sure Kia screwed everything together first, before the mods begin. As for warranty, I was a service writer, and manager, for about 13 years. I know all about taking the car to the dealer in "stock" form.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use my car for Postmates. It's fine if something happens it's not the JB4's fault.

There safely systems built into it which is the biggest difference over the others and you never know what these tuners are doing.

No warranty means that if their is a problem the car is paid off, you just take the loss and sell it as somebody else's problem.

JB4 has 30 plus Dyno runs and now 22 drag passes on drag radials.

No fear at all of something going wrong. It's a car not a new born baby.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I use my car for Postmates. It's fine if something happens it's not the JB4's fault.

There safely systems built into it which is the biggest difference over the others and you never know what these tuners are doing.

No warranty means that if their is a problem the car is paid off, you just take the loss and sell it as somebody else's problem.

JB4 has 30 plus Dyno runs and now 22 drag passes on drag radials.

No fear at all of something going wrong. It's a car not a new born baby.
Truth is I haven't seen a single post by anyone about a piggy-back system destroying their engine!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Truth is I haven't seen a single post by anyone about a piggy-back system destroying their engine!
Well in the days of the Greddy Emanage just like now with flash tuning, sh*tty tuners exist and when they lose favor with another platform they move to another one. Since most people don't research their tuners and blindly use what the heard is using they are none the wiser.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts