Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to swap out all speakers and add a subwoofer into my Koup, and add amps as well. I was suggested by the dealer who is going to install everything to possibly put in a new head unit as the wiring for the amps is easier and may be cleaner sound without going for a nice LOC (as others have done in the forum).
My questions are as follows:
1. Steering controls - Do I lose the Bluetooth steering control options if the after market H/U has built-in Bluetooth?
2. Sat Radio - Is the receiver built-into the headunit, or an outside piece? When installing aftermarket H/U that are Sat ready, you need to buy the receiver add-on and antenna. But if this is installed in the Koup and can attach to an aftermarket H/U, that would be great.
3. USB and Aux connectors - Are the connectors in the car for the USB and Aux just plug-ins on the back of the OEM H/U? Or are they built-in and not able to be used after replacing with an aftermarket H/U?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
BCKoupe: I have a Clarion NX500 7 inch double din navigation head unit in my koup. It has EVERYthing built into it. Has 12 million POI's, nav, HD and Sat radio ready, aux, backup camera input, etc. With the steering wheel controls, I had to buy a seperate adapter for them to work BUT only the top portion of the steering wheel works (volume, mode, mute, and obv still cruise control) while the 3 buttons for the bluetooth DONT work. I just use the bluetooth through my screen, not a big deal.

Sat radio needs an outside piece but can be hidden very easily and isnt very expensive.

My USB and Aux connections that are in the car from factory no longer work BUT my headunit has both USB AND Aux connections to make up for that.

I would recommend this head unit to anyone and has a nice UI. It also has A2DP bluetooth which is connecting your bluetooth capable phone to it and listening to music through the car speakers via bluetooth (i.e. listening to pandora on iphone with iphone in your pocket) Hope this helps man!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts