Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in different discussion about the issue that the factory headlights do not seem to cast enough light especially on a dark road. This model comes with 'projector headlights' for the low beam. I don't think there is an option for factory LED headlights. There is a separate high beam bulb, looks like halogen, in the same housing. Is there an aftermarket LED option to replace the projector low beam headlights and then possibly the high beam? Loved to hear from anyone who has any knowledge or has done this. What is involved- is it worth the trouble? I think 2019 and 2020 are the same as 2021 but could be mistaken.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I posted in different discussion about the issue that the factory headlights do not seem to cast enough light especially on a dark road. This model comes with 'projector headlights' for the low beam. I don't think there is an option for factory LED headlights. There is a separate high beam bulb, looks like halogen, in the same housing. Is there an aftermarket LED option to replace the projector low beam headlights and then possibly the high beam? Loved to hear from anyone who has any knowledge or has done this. What is involved- is it worth the trouble? I think 2019 and 2020 are the same as 2021 but could be mistaken.
Can Admin move this to where it should be "Forte General Discussions" - "Kia Forte Lighting"? .Thank you

·
Registered
286 Posts
Can Admin move this to where it should be "Forte General Discussions" - "Kia Forte Lighting"? .Thank you

Here are the numbers. Go with Cougar Motor 3.0 Wireless no error. They are the gold/yellow housing ones. Search on Amazon.

I replaced my Fog lights with these on my GT no errors no extra wiring plug and play built in chips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to do with the spec chart. What is the source of it? Do I look for LED's of the same type? I don't think I'll change the fog lights. Maybe later.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to do with the spec chart. What is the source of it? Do I look for LED's of the same type? I don't think I'll change the fog lights. Maybe later.
The chart tells you size/bulb type u need to replace your halogens out to led in that size/type. My GT comes LED factory so i dont have to change. The reason i brought up the fog lights was for that type is plug and play with no extra wires or resistors needed for the swap out from halogen to led with no errors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where do I find this chart? Is there an issue with possible error codes?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
View attachment 81052

Here are the numbers. Go with Cougar Motor 3.0 Wireless no error. They are the gold/yellow housing ones. Search on Amazon.

View attachment 81053

I replaced my Fog lights with these on my GT no errors no extra wiring plug and play built in chips.
Can you provide the Cougar Motor part number? I looked on Amazon and tried finding these and every case when I typed in "2019-2021 Forte" it said they don't fit - including the 9006 version!

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
9005 and H7 links posted above. I believe this information is in your owner's manual. So double check as well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm in agreement with Olszewski. As far as I know the 3rd generation Forte (4th generation Cerato) uses 9005 for the non-GT low beams. I made this chart for my Cerato group. But unless Kia decided to change the bulbs in the next facelift, I doubt they would change the bulb types midway through the life cycle.

Ignore the 1157 for the DRL/foglights, that's for the Australian Cerato (Forte). I believe the North American non-GTs use 1156.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Just FYI: the 2021 KIA Forte Owners manual lists HB4 bulbs for the fogs on GT models. Is the HB4 the same as the 9006? If yes then why doesn't Kia list that in the OM?!?!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just FYI: the 2021 KIA Forte Owners manual lists HB4 bulbs for the fogs on GT models. Is the HB4 the same as the 9006? If yes then why doesn't Kia list that in the OM?!?!
Yes, HB4 = 9006. Guess it's the new standardization. The old bulbs used to be 9005 and 9006 but are now referred to as HB3 and HB4. Just like 1157 is now referred to as P21.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I was curious enough to look into the number difference...HB4 is European standard while 9006 is U.S. standard.
P21W = 1156 (single filament)
P21/5W = 1157 (double filament)
No reason to keep it simple...(sarcasm)...:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was curious enough to look into the number difference...HB4 is European standard while 9006 is U.S. standard.
P21W = 1156 (single filament)
P21/5W = 1157 (double filament)
No reason to keep it simple...(sarcasm)...:)
Lol. Sort of like most of the world vs the US in the metric vs imperial measurements.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This post has a lot of info about 2019-2020 LED lightbulb swap...

2019-2020 Forte LED headlight and DRL conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts