Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently installed a aftermarket radio in my 2011 kia forte sx but I've had nothing but problems, I understand it's not easy and I've solved 80% of the issuse but now when i have everything plugged into the back of my head unit and turn the car on, the only thing that comes on is my climate controls, if I disconnect the climate controls the radio turns on? What could that be??

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,142 Posts
I'm going to guess you have some wiring problems - most likely grounding issues! From what you describe - "if I disconnect the climate controls the radio turns on" - indicates a possible cancelling out, where positive voltage is negating the negative current flow, which is what apparently is happening when you disconnect the climate controls and suddenly the radio starts working again. You need to take a hard look at your wiring and how it is connected - maybe a ground wire is mistakenly going to a lead.

That's the best I can do over the computer...Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to guess you have some wiring problems - most likely grounding issues! From what you describe - "if I disconnect the climate controls the radio turns on" - indicates a possible cancelling out, where positive voltage is negating the negative currant flow, which is what apparently is happening when you disconnect the climate controls and suddenly the radio starts working again. You need to take a hard look at your wiring and how it is connected - maybe a ground wire is mistakenly going to a lead.

That's the best I can do over the computer...Good Luck!
That's exactly what it was, I shoulda pulled out the volt meter earlier but I was just trusting the wire diagrams I found on the internet🤦‍♂️ rookie mistake I guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts