Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember trying to turn a screw to do this, but it didn't really do anything....??? How can I raise or lower the foglight beam...??? :confused:

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,885 Posts
I would imagine it would be difficult to adjust the fogs. There is nothing in the owners manual nor the service manual about adjusting the fog lights...and even changing the bulb requires removal of the bumper (fascia) cover! From the pictures it looks like there is a knob on the foglight assembly above the bulb that adjusts the light up and down but I'm not sure if you can reach it with the bumper cover on the car.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would imagine it would be difficult to adjust the fogs. There is nothing in the owners manual nor the service manual about adjusting the fog lights...and even changing the bulb requires removal of the bumper (fascia) cover! From the pictures it looks like there is a knob on the foglight assembly above the bulb that adjusts the light up and down but I'm not sure if you can reach it with the bumper cover on the car.

There is absolutely no need to remove the bumper cover to replace a bulb or to adjust the light.

There is indeed an adjustment screw on the fog light. It's right on the back of the housing. Hard to miss.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,885 Posts
There is absolutely no need to remove the bumper cover to replace a bulb or to adjust the light.

There is indeed an adjustment screw on the fog light. It's right on the back of the housing. Hard to miss.
LoL! I looked in the service manual and it says to replace the fog light bulb you have to remove the bumper cover...even tells you what section to go to to remove the bumper cover.

Removal1.Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2.Remove the front bumper.
(Refer to the Body group - "Bumper")
3.Remove the front fog lamp assembly connector(A).

4.Remove the front fog lamp bulb(A) turning in the counter clock-wise direction.

Installation1.Install the front fog lamp bulb.
2.Connect the front fog lamp connector.
3.Install the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
LoL! I looked in the service manual and it says to replace the fog light bulb you have to remove the bumper cover...even tells you what section to go to to remove the bumper cover.

Have you even gotten off your butt and looked under there? There is NO need to remove the bumper cover. You loosen the splash guard and can easily fit both hands up there if you needed to. I don't care what the service manual says.

When I installed my fog lights I installed the bulb and plugged them in AFTER the bumper cover was on...

So yeah... you're wrong.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Have you even gotten off your butt and looked under there? There is NO need to remove the bumper cover. You loosen the splash guard and can easily fit both hands up there if you needed to. I don't care what the service manual says.

When I installed my fog lights I installed the bulb and plugged them in AFTER the bumper cover was on...

So yeah... you're wrong.
Damn!!!!! Who pooped in your Cheerios? Easy there Cowboy!!!!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts

So yeah... you're wrong.
Whoa trigger! I was making fun of the fact that the service manual says you have to take the bumper off. I thought it was a little extreme just to change light bulbs!

No, I haven't looked -- haven't needed to. I saw the OP's question, saw that no one had answered, figured I'd look on KGIS, and posted what I found. Why should I doubt what is written in the service manual? Since I didn't have any experience with them I didn't want to give the wrong info.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Whoa trigger! I was making fun of the fact that the service manual says you have to take the bumper off. I thought it was a little extreme just to change light bulbs!

No, I haven't looked -- haven't needed to. I saw the OP's question, saw that no one had answered, figured I'd look on KGIS, and posted what I found. Why should I doubt what is written in the service manual? Since I didn't have any experience with them I didn't want to give the wrong info.

The #1 biggest problem IMO w/ this forum is the false information spread around. If you don't know an answer to a question don't answer. Not to mention what you quoted from KGIS wasn't how to replace the bulbs. It was how to repair the fog lights as a whole.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
The #1 biggest problem IMO w/ this forum is the false information spread around. If you don't know an answer to a question don't answer. Not to mention what you quoted from KGIS wasn't how to replace the bulbs. It was how to repair the fog lights as a whole.
Your disposition doesn't appear to be any better than your reading skills:

4.Remove the front fog lamp bulb(A) turning in the counter clock-wise direction.

Where does it say: fog lamp Assy (fog lights as a whole)?

Try getting off your butt and reading the service manual -- how was I spreading FALSE information when I was giving information off of the official Kia site? Please contact Kia and let them know you know more than they do.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Your disposition doesn't appear to be any better than your reading skills:

Where does it say: fog lamp Assy (fog lights as a whole)?

Try getting off your butt and reading the service manual -- how was I spreading FALSE information when I was giving information off of the official Kia site? Please contact Kia and let them know you know more than they do.

Perhaps you are the one who has a hard time comprehending things. As you can see above where you gather this info is from the section for repairing the "fog lamps" no anywhere does it say "Do this to replace the bulbs".

I've read that section of the service manual and acted out that procedure. That's the reason I know you are just flat out wrong in telling the OP they have to remove the bumper. I'm guessing next time someone has a question asking how to roll their window down you will quote the KGIS on how to remove the entire window motor/regulator assembly?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,885 Posts

Perhaps you are the one who has a hard time comprehending things. As you can see above where you gather this info is from the section for repairing the "fog lamps" no anywhere does it say "Do this to replace the bulbs".

I've read that section of the service manual and acted out that procedure. That's the reason I know you are just flat out wrong in telling the OP they have to remove the bumper. I'm guessing next time someone has a question asking how to roll their window down you will quote the KGIS on how to remove the entire window motor/regulator assembly?:rolleyes:
I'm impressed you got that far:)...When you open the repair procedures it only shows what I copied -- and it ONLY says remove connector and lamp by turning counter-clockwise:cool:. Again it says NOTHING about the fog lamp assy. So please explain how it is I gave FALSE information:rolleyes:. It doesn't say remove screws to remove assembly form bumper cover...

I'm sorry you got but hurt by THINKING I was making fun of you when I was making fun of the service manual...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Think about it... If you had the bumper off why in the world would you need to take the housing away from the bumper cover as shown?

False info because in no way do you need to remove the bumper cover. It's as simple as that. You would have led the OP to believe they'd have to remove the cover and if not comfortable with doing so they would have visited the dealer to spend $100 to have $4 light bulbs replaced or have the fog lamps adjusted.

Not to mention the original reason for the thread was asking how to adjust the lamp not replace a bulb. So no info you have provided has been at all helpful to the OP.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Think about it... If you had the bumper off why in the world would you need to take the housing away from the bumper cover as shown?
It really is sad you don't get it at all...I didn't say to remove the bumper cover...the Factory Service Manual states to. Contact Kia and let them know their mistake.

I also said this: "From the pictures it looks like there is a knob on the foglight assembly above the bulb that adjusts the light up and down but I'm not sure if you can reach it with the bumper cover on the car"...which is what you later said. Your response COULD HAVE BEEN to simply say "yes you can reach them without taking off the bumper cover by unscrewing the splash gaurd...the service manual is wrong.

See how easy that would have been...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
...and even changing the bulb requires removal of the bumper (fascia) cover!
This was before you quoted the KGIS... ;)

Fog Lamp Repair Procedure....... not Fog Lamp Bulb Repair Procedure.

That's the procedure for the entire assembly. please by all means show me where the other section is regarding the removal of the entire assembly... oh there isn't one? Perhaps because that's it. All they left out of that process was the removal of 3 screws. So that is indeed the section for the removal of the entire assembly not the bulb. There is no mistake... that's how to take the lamps out.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
There's no way around it...your an Ass.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the fact is, I'm right and you're wrong. Live with it. Want me to take pics of me pulling the fog lamp bulb out without removing the bumper for you tomorrow? it'll take a whopping 5 min if even that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok....Ok....no fightin' in here....

Even though there are service manuals.....we still have good old common sense. Now I cut my wheels in on the side I want to change...pop 3 plastic fasteners....shove the piece off crap fender liner that doesn't fit right anyhow out of the way. I've tried 3 different wattages for my fogs and like the 37.5 watt bulbs the best....not too dull....not overly bright....just right !!! :D

Now...I can see hex bolt screws at the bottom and top of the light housing.....are these the adjustment screws...??? Or do they just fasten the whole assembly to the inside of the bumper....??? I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was at least one vertical adjustment screw for the fogs...I may be wrong, but my right fog is noticably lower that the left side...or maybe the left is actually too high...can't find aiming specs.
Now does anyone out there know anything more about this...??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
There is only one adjustment bolt. It's on the side of the unit. I don't recall which side but I'm pretty sure its only a side to side adjustment but may be wrong. I didn't mess with mine as they aligned very well right out of the box. Any other screws/bolts are only there to hold the light onto the bumper.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
There is only one adjustment bolt. It's on the side of the unit. I don't recall which side but I'm pretty sure its only a side to side adjustment but may be wrong. I didn't mess with mine as they aligned very well right out of the box. Any other screws/bolts are only there to hold the light onto the bumper.
Yep, you're wrong it's an up and down adjustment. If you had got your butt out there you would have found this out.

The #1 biggest problem IMO w/ this forum is the false information spread around. If you don't know an answer to a question don't answer.
Maybe you should have got your facts straight before answering or maybe listened to your own wisdom?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yep, you're wrong it's an up and down adjustment. If you had got your butt out there you would have found this out.

Maybe you should have got your facts straight before answering or maybe listened to your own wisdom?

LMAO stop trying to make up for your insignificance. I clearly said i wasn't sure... I wasn't spouting off trying to tell the OP to remove his frickin bumper to change a bulb or adjust a light.

So yeah again, step away from the keyboard and let people who know what they are talking about talk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts