Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have shit for air conditioning? After a night of sitting it takes about 10-15 to stop blowing hot air. And it's been 40ish degrees the past couple nights. And even after about 20 minutes of highway driving, still blows luke warm. Thinking something got messed from the accident..

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Anyone else have shit for air conditioning? After a night of sitting it takes about 10-15 to stop blowing hot air. And it's been 40ish degrees the past couple nights. And even after about 20 minutes of highway driving, still blows luke warm. Thinking something got messed from the accident..

Thoughts?
I know it sounds stupid as hell, but, IS the green light by the AC on?

the reason i am asking this is because today, after a long winter, i turned it to cool and forgot to hit theAC button, needless to say i was sweatin for 20 minutes. (is 20 minutes a conincidence here?). anyways, double check, if it still doesn't work, than a quick refill at the dealer ship and you'll be out in under 30 minutes. (PS: if they do need to refill it, double check that they replace all the caps)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it sounds stupid as hell, but, IS the green light by the AC on?

the reason i am asking this is because today, after a long winter, i turned it to cool and forgot to hit theAC button, needless to say i was sweatin for 20 minutes. (is 20 minutes a conincidence here?). anyways, double check, if it still doesn't work, than a quick refill at the dealer ship and you'll be out in under 30 minutes. (PS: if they do need to refill it, double check that they replace all the caps)
Ahahahha, not a dumb question. But yeah i make sure its on.

Before they do the refill, have them fix the leak. It doesn't escape unless it is leaking somewhere. A refill will simply leak out - again.
I hope it's not leaking. I don't have time to take this shit in.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Open your hood and make sure your intake is in properly. If your intake is loose, which happened to me one time, hot air will come in through the vents.

I was reading an article from Consumer Reports and it discussed that most car owners tend to leave problems with their cars unfixed. Basically the message was, get the problem fixed before it causes another problem. I know you may not have the time to get it fixed right away, but imagine if the problem got worse. As opposed to fixing just one problem, a possibility of two or more could result in more time lost. In the end it's your investment, time managed well is better than time wasted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Make sure there is no leak in your ac coil, from your wreck, this happened to me:/

·
Registered
585 Posts
If they say there is no refrigerant and they want to refill it, tell them to do a leak detector test [they can use dye and ultra-violet light] to find the leak. Then they should refill. Otherwise you will be back there within 24 hours...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I need to move!!! Your trying to figure out your AC, Im here freezin my balls off workin up north in Alberta!! I wish I had your problem...... Just kidding.... Hope you get er figured out!!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
What was the problem because mine isn't working either. Just found out today, warranty better cover this.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,890 Posts
What was the problem because mine isn't working either. Just found out today, warranty better cover this.
Appears his leak was due to an accident. Warranty covers the AC too...accidents withstanding OR unless you modded that too...LoL!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Appears his leak was due to an accident. Warranty covers the AC too...accidents withstanding OR unless you modded that too...LoL!
They'd damn well better cover it. I Know the warranty covers it but man Canada doesn't have the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. If they say oh you have HIDs or CBE we can't cover the AC I will never buy another Kia. But this dealer I deal with has a kick ass service dept. Got my fingers crossed for the diagnoses monday.

I really shouldn't diss Kia's warranty because this dealer and Kia has been really good about everything that "wasn't right" with the car they didn't charge any diagnostic fees anytime I asked them to look in to something. I know people who paid for diagnostics in their Toyota and Honda's for warranty work and if it's valid you have to file a request with Toyota and Honda to get the fee reimbursed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was so hung over when i got it fixed, i passed out in the chair while i was waiting. and when the guy tapped me he said, 'hey bud, your all done." and i got up and asked what was wrong and i don't even remember what he said. i was in such a daze. I just remember hearing 'you just needed a charge.'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts