Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -

First of all, I've already looked & for some reason I can't find the intake for the AC - I get results for the engine intake all day long, but not for the climate control. Basically, my ac is no longer cooling like it should & the freon I tried to add apparently just leaked back out again. Basically my issue is two-fold. My fan isn't blowing very hard nor is the ac cooling. I'm out of my basic warranty & have an extended one, though if this is something I can remedy temporarily until I have the $$ that would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi guys -

First of all, I've already looked & for some reason I can't find the intake for the AC - I get results for the engine intake all day long, but not for the climate control. Basically, my ac is no longer cooling like it should & the freon I tried to add apparently just leaked back out again. Basically my issue is two-fold. My fan isn't blowing very hard nor is the ac cooling. I'm out of my basic warranty & have an extended one, though if this is something I can remedy temporarily until I have the $$ that would be great. Thanks!
The air intake for the AC has nothing to do with your AC not working. You can put the AC in circulation mode and it will just cool the air inside the cabin without pulling outside air in. In fact, when you first turn on AC in a hot car, the computer will switch to circulation mode until the temp drops and then switch back to fresh air mode to pull air from outside.

If you added refrigerant and it leaked back out it could mean that there is a leak in the system. STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING IMMEDIATELY. If there is a leak in your system and adding new refrigerant in a leaking system will only waste money and kill the environment. There is nothing you can do or no temporary fix. Your only option is to take your car and have the AC system leak tested. The mechanic will repair the leak and recharge your system. Note: Overcharging your system with refrigerant will also harm the system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My air con had the same issue as well, there was no cool air blowing through. I read up on some aircon servicing articles and they mentioned that it may be the coolant level depleting. Got it checked and all is good now. They just replaced my coolant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts