Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I have a Koup SX 2.4.... air conditioning appears to blow air cold or hot (depends what you turn it to) even when it's set to zero, which in all other cars means OFF. And i don't mean it's blowing a little bit.. it's blowing similar to when you set it to 2. The only way to turn it off is to push the circulate internally button on the lower right....

What's up with that.. anybody else having this issue?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Hey guys... I have a Koup SX 2.4.... air conditioning appears to blow air cold or hot (depends what you turn it to) even when it's set to zero, which in all other cars means OFF. And i don't mean it's blowing a little bit.. it's blowing similar to when you set it to 2. The only way to turn it off is to push the circulate internally button on the lower right....

What's up with that.. anybody else having this issue?

might be a dumb question, but is it only blowing when the car is moving? and are your vents open?

·
Registered
178 Posts
ya i got the same thing on my sedan sx....it blows regardless of if the air is turned on or off...its just cause the air is "flowing through" the vents, when you set it on recirculate the vents for from letting air in from the outside to just the cabin air "recirculating"....but it is surely alot more than other cars thats for sure

·
Registered
973 Posts
either turn the dial to defrost only or press the button which makes it only circulate from inside instead of from the outside.
my bmw was the same way

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
corytate... that's what i've been doing... and it does stop the air flow but doesn't it seem strange and plain cheap if Kia cut it short in that department. Honestly, i've never had it this bad with other cars.... and this one is brand new... will call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say...

Anybody else having similar issues?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well my Koup SX 2.4l does the same thing, when i was purchasing i made a comment about that to the dealer and they said its just there to help circulate airflow, just like 2.4LForteSX mentioned. I wouldn't call it a problem, i do like circulated air through the cabin when i drive so i am not complaining. Curious to the what the dealer will have to say.

Please post there response.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I honestly thought it was the same in any car
every car I've ever owned has been the same
no offense but it seems a little nitpicky...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Im not sure im understanding the problem. There is a picture of air coming from the outside of the car and blowing in when you set it to that setting. It blows through the vent and its what the setting is for. Every car has it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm thankful for this feature. Air is always coming into the car, and I can customize the temperature of the incoming air perfectly without having to use the fan. I can't think of a car in my past that didn't do this, except my P.O.S. Chevy Monza that had no dash vents.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm thankful for this feature. Air is always coming into the car, and I can customize the temperature of the incoming air perfectly without having to use the fan. I can't think of a car in my past that didn't do this, except my P.O.S. Chevy Monza that had no dash vents.
my thoughts exactly
its perfect on days when you don't want to use the a/c but it feels a little bit stuffy in the car

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
no dash vents? dang. bad especially during texas summer! my car does the same and i too like this feature. my last ride didnt do it and it gives me the option to turn the a/c off and still get the air i want

·
Registered
436 Posts
My Monza was a Wyoming car. I was rid of it long before I moved to blazin' Texas. The reason it didn't have dash vents is because it didn't have A/C. The A/C equipped Monzas had vents. Just one more way American cars lagged behind the Japanese brands. Even the lowliest Hondas, Toyotas, etc of the 70s had dash vents, even with no A/C. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I traded that Monza for my '86 Civic Si. On below-zero days in Wyoming, the warm air could be directed through the dash vents. Ahhhhhhh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts