Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do the air vents never turn off for everyone? Every car I have had in the past some air has always passed through the vents at some point or another when driving and the vents set to off but this car is ridiculous. Air just pours out of them and when the windows are down it's even worse.

Does anyone else notice this? It comes out as fast as setting "1" when my windows are down.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Same for me, worse when sunroof is open. I don't really notice it when windows are open.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Did you push the button for 'recirculate'? When you push that button it stops the outside air from coming in the vents.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I'll try it tomorrow

·
Registered
532 Posts
Did you push the button for 'recirculate'? When you push that button it stops the outside air from coming in the vents.
Yep by default it will pull air into the cabin even if the fan is off just push the recirculate button

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
There is positive pressure in the engine bay, so naturally some of it is going to get into the cabin. Just press the recirculate button to close off the entry. And when the sunroof is open, the cabin has a negative pressure, essentially sucking the air in through the vents. I've noticed this on many cars.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is positive pressure in the engine bay, so naturally some of it is going to get into the cabin. Just press the recirculate button to close off the entry. And when the sunroof is open, the cabin has a negative pressure, essentially sucking the air in through the vents. I've noticed this on many cars.
Sure all cars do it, but this is by far the worst I've seen. It's annoying because the recirculate turns off everytime the car turns off or the fan is turned off.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,871 Posts
Sure all cars do it, but this is by far the worst I've seen. It's annoying because the recirculate turns off everytime the car turns off or the fan is turned off.
You'll find nearly all makes of cars do this unless they have a specific "off" position on the air flow selector.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll find nearly all makes of cars do this unless they have a specific "off" position on the air flow selector.
Uh... I just said that. This is the worst I've seen by far and most cars if you set it to recirculate will stay that way until you change it back. The Fortes won't. And there is a specific "off" position. It's called "0"

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I have the same complaint because I smoke in my car. Nothing begs you to love a car like it throwing hot ash back in your face. What I have done to solve the problem as best as I could is:
1. Face all the adjustable vents away from you (or the direction you want the smoke to go--sunroof or window, depending on the cross wind because you can't effectively install window wind guards on the Koup).
2. Switch the vent controls dial all the way to the left. It says Max, but if you set 0 on the speed, and turn the temperature to the middle, it has the best effect that you are seeking. The "Max" only works on air-conditioning, so it will also auto-turn-on the recirculate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re-direct

Why not just re-direct the air to the floor vents when you want the fan "off", this way you won't notice it.

Mark

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,871 Posts
Uh... I just said that. This is the worst I've seen by far and most cars if you set it to recirculate will stay that way until you change it back. The Fortes won't. And there is a specific "off" position. It's called "0"[/QUOTE]

Not referring to the FAN switch. I'm referring to the air flow selector: floor, top, windshield, etc. Cars that have an "Off" on the air flow selector usually close the vents.
None of the cars I've owned that you push a button to select recirculate stay that way when you turn the ignition switch off either.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm under the impression that this is done as vehicles these days seal up pretty tight. You inhale O2 and exhale CO2. This is not good in a sealed environment. So I think the vents always induce fresh air into the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I'm under the impression that this is done as vehicles these days seal up pretty tight. You inhale O2 and exhale CO2. This is not good in a sealed environment. So I think the vents always induce fresh air into the passenger compartment.
Sounds like a good reason but I think it just depends on the design team. My 08 Optima had an off setting on the selector and closed the vents.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
My dads Sonata has the same problem. It's very noticeable with the sunroof tilted up. Might just be a Korea thing?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Switch the vent controls dial all the way to the left. It says Max, but if you set 0 on the speed, and turn the temperature to the middle, it has the best effect that you are seeking. The "Max" only works on air-conditioning, so it will also auto-turn-on the recirculate.
Has no one else tried this yet? I checked it again today on my way home from work. If no one else's shuts off, then I have a problem with my car. LOL

...I also have a broken refrigerator that makes the beer ice up a little bit when you open the beer.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No. If the system is off and set to "0" it deactivates the recirculate on the Max A/C. You have to manually press the recirculate button again.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah of course but then you're A/C is running and the fan is blowing. Once you go back to 0 it resets and isnt on recirculate anymore. It's only on recirculate when the light is on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts