Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Iv recently become interested in my Ac, cabin air filters and such and as part of it im curious where the inlet for the air/AC is?
On previous cars its hid under the windshield wiper cowl but on the forte I dont know. Id rather start in the right area than tear into something I dont know :)
2010 sx sedan.

Any help is appreciated :)

Forteshadow

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx , i may get adventurous tomorrow

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
The inlet is on the passenger side under the wiper.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thx, checked it out. My plan to fence off the area kinda faltered when I saw how many openings were in there, its almost hollow :eek:

Turns out reading the manual helps a bit too... Go figure lol Thx for the help

·
Registered
646 Posts
Anyone know how frequent the filter be changed? My 2013 came with this Clean Air ion, are the filters the same?

TIA

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check it every oil change and switch out if it looks really dirty otherwise change it every year or 24,000 KMs whichever comes first (as per my owner's manual). I just get OEM cabin filters from the dealer or off eBay for a few bucks cheaper. Actually, the cabin filter that's in my Forte now is an after market one. Didn't look any different from the OEM filter I switched it out for.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone tried the Fram CF10709 activated charcoal/arm and hammer impregnated cabin filter yet? Sounds promising.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.