Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dash light for my airbag came on all of a sudden, I replaced the clock spring some years ago. But when I did a scan of all the errors it threw back almost every error code there could be. I'm assuming this is the airbag control module that went bad is the only thing I can think of at this point

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
419 Posts
Scotty Kilmer on his YouTube channel will often clear codes like this and they don't come back. He says many codes are triggered by one-time events and stay in the system until cleared.

Don't know if this is happening in your case, but you can go to a large auto parts store who will scan your system for free with a professional grade scanner and clear the codes. The code may or may not come back, but it is worth a shot.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
914 Posts
Most of the large chain auto parts stores will NOT clear the codes for you anymore. They will tell you they're not allowed. I have actually asked them to borrow the code scanner and cleared them myself. Some will let you, some won't. It's a crap shoot.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I had a few of these B (body module) code & posted them in a thread.

I just went thru each repair, fix replacement. It was the steering angle sensor "clock spring", underneath seat wire harnesses/pins not making contact (pulling not enough slack) & passenger seat belt buckle/clicker (bad sensor inside go bad after so much locking/unlocking).

My local pull apart & from 1st gen forte sedans oem/factory parts worked.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,230 Posts
It could also be a low battery. Some systems are sensitive to voltage and will freak out if they don’t see the proper voltage. I’d test your battery to make sure the voltage is good (as well as a load test - most parts stores will do it for free). Clear the codes and see if they come back. If they do, and you are sure the battery is good, then you have a problem. If they never come back, it’s likely a fluke (or your battery got too low)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scotty Kilmer is a clown, He's just basic information he doesn't walk you step by step or tell you the detailed things about what to do

Scotty Kilmer on his YouTube channel will often clear codes like this and they don't come back. He says many codes are triggered by one-time events and stay in the system until cleared.

Don't know if this is happening in your case, but you can go to a large auto parts store who will scan your system for free with a professional grade scanner and clear the codes. The code may or may not come back, but it is worth a shot.

Good luck.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I finally got my Autel code reader working apparently from what I see the resistance is in the normal range, Now I'm leaning toward a bad wire possibly. Also for anyone who reads this in the near future years or months after the post the Airbag was disabled that is why it says failed. The technical repair books for the 2010 Kia Forte says
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

that is in normal operating range
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I just got done wiggling some wires under the seat, and the error airbag dash light disappeared! So I'll run another test to see if the same error codes come up

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ChrisFix he’s pretty reliable, he goes step by step in the process that’s how I learned most of my Kia

Add me too. Nothing but click bait. He laughs at his own jokes, flailing & yelling. Guess he's still having a mid life crisis.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did not do the test yet, but I have been driving now for sometime no airbag light must of been a loose connection

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,230 Posts
ChrisFix he’s pretty reliable, he goes step by step in the process that’s how I learned most of my Kia
I like ChrisFix. He's got some good videos, and isn't annoying like Scotty. He also knows what he's talking about and isn't just throwing shade at random companies for no reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts