Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all~~

I JUST PICKED UP MY KOUP TODAY!! hahha so happy!!

Hmm...reading the manual now and kind of confused. Does the Canadian Koup SX comes with any alarm system/anti-thief system?

Sorry, I am a car-idiot...:eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well actually it does come with an Anti-theft system (at least my Koup SX) , the key as a small transponder in it. The manual calls it an Immobilizer system.

·
Registered
105 Posts
KoupEB is right, it only comes with an immobilizer. This will prevent anyone from being able to hotwire your Forte and steal it, but it doesn't prevent damage, interior theft.

I went the distance and bought an aftermarket alarm system that has shock sensors to prevent any theft or damage to my vehicle.

The alarm installer was sure that there would be a standard alarm system that used the horn if the doors were opened without a key, but he found that there was none. He did say that if he were to have to choose, he would definitely have an immobilizer as standard equipment over an alarm, because it's cheap and easy to install an aftermarket alarm, not as easy to do an immobilizer.

With all of the standard features on the SX package, I'm really surprised that they didn't include a full alarm system. Even the Hyundai Elantra has it as standard. Oh well, I love the car and all of the other standard features.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah I just got my car yesterday and people were already looking at it (although i love the look on their faces but makes me nervous that someone would try to steal it >_<)

Hmm..maybe I should install an alarm that uses the horn to scare thiefs away...

Any tips on which kind to pick? Let me google about it too haha

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Alarm? Viper
(there's others but I recommend what I know), send me a PM with some contact and I will hook you up with a local installer who can pass on some better pricing. We'll need to chat to find out if you want just an alarm, or a remote starter too.

Another deterent that still works tried and tru and it's a pain in the a$$ to screw with and adds time to the steal is.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts