Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've own my Forte Koupe SX for almost 8 months, it was so inexpensive to purchase I bought my 3 daughters all new cars that day, 2 Rio's and 1 Sportage and all my kids have alarm systems, I just tried to have my alarm go off but I haven’t got any alarm system am I just going crazy or is this for real that my new car doesn’t come with a alarm system.

·
Registered
114 Posts
does ur keyless remote have a panic button on the back of it if it does then yes you have an alarm system try sitting in the car lock the doors and then open one of them while the car is locked that should make ur alarm go off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks tattookid22, actually l should have mentioned that, yes it has a panic button and l've tried almost everything to set off the alarm, l guess it's going back to the dealer

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I don't think it has one...which in my opinion is good. They only make noise and don't prevent theft.
I only agree with some lower end alarms. With higher end ones it's extremely difficult to circumvent them. With higher end alarms you can outfit enough addon modules that make the car extremely difficult to steal. Sure, anyone can still break a window and steal your iPod, sunglasses, and other contents that aren't in your trunk, but they won't be able to steal your car.

As an example, I could be in a shopping mall, buried 1000 feet in, and if you touched my car, I'd know.

Not trying to argue. Just stating that for some money, you can get a good alarm.

My best advice though would be to pay cash, as most alarms are easily defeatable by he person who installed them, and credit cards can lead to addresses where car is parked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts