Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my forte koup back in oct traded in my old rust chevy truck on it . from day one the car didnt handel very well took it back they told me it was road crown and the alignment was in spec . took it back thursday becuase it started to pull hard to the right and wear the tires took it back the said it still was in spec . I am a master align tec so i knew it wasnt right they accidently gave me the specs to it with my paper work . took it to work put it up on the rack and the toe was way out of spec. any one else have or had this problem ????

·
Registered
243 Posts
got my forte koup back in oct traded in my old rust chevy truck on it . from day one the car didnt handel very well took it back they told me it was road crown and the alignment was in spec . took it back thursday becuase it started to pull hard to the right and wear the tires took it back the said it still was in spec . I am a master align tec so i knew it wasnt right they accidently gave me the specs to it with my paper work . took it to work put it up on the rack and the toe was way out of spec. any one else have or had this problem ????
The problem is that alignments normally aren't covered by warranty. Ans they really shouldn't be, unless it was pulling the day you drove it off the lot...which is doubtful.

Dealer BS'ing about being in spec is bad, but I can understand why they wouldn't want to do an alignment, as they can't charge Kia for it as a warranty item.

Alignment, tire wear, brake pad wear, clutch wear...are all "wear and tear" items and not covered by warranty.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I guess it must be different in the US but in Canada wear and tear items are covered under warranty... for the first 20,000 km or one year, whichever comes first. This includes alignments, light bulbs, brakes or wiper blades - unless the adjustment is required due to abuse, misuse, etc. Curb your car and yeah, alignment is at your cost.

I would have thought that south of the border things would be the same as Kia Motors is making so many moves towards improving their customer satisfaction ratings and the US market is massive compared to our tiny portion of the pie.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car pulled from day one so it was a issuse to be coverd under warrenty . dealer said they give one alignment in the frist 12,000 if its a issuse . yeah i called them up and gave them a ear full . it took me 40 mins to figure out what was the issuse with my own car that was time to punch in all the specs and set the alignment heads on it . they had the car for 2 days and couldnt figure it out .

·
Registered
243 Posts
I guess it must be different in the US but in Canada wear and tear items are covered under warranty... for the first 20,000 km or one year, whichever comes first. This includes alignments, light bulbs, brakes or wiper blades - unless the adjustment is required due to abuse, misuse, etc. Curb your car and yeah, alignment is at your cost.

I would have thought that south of the border things would be the same as Kia Motors is making so many moves towards improving their customer satisfaction ratings and the US market is massive compared to our tiny portion of the pie.
And how can they tell if you've curbed your car, or worse?

·
Registered
243 Posts
the car pulled from day one so it was a issuse to be coverd under warrenty . dealer said they give one alignment in the frist 12,000 if its a issuse . yeah i called them up and gave them a ear full . it took me 40 mins to figure out what was the issuse with my own car that was time to punch in all the specs and set the alignment heads on it . they had the car for 2 days and couldnt figure it out .
I don't think many dealers are even set up to do alignments anymore. They send them out to tire shops. When they kept saying it's "within specs", were thy actually measuring it on an alignment rack? Based on the result, highly doubtful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the car had been pulling to the right from day one when it had 13 miles on it . told them if i buy it they needed to fix it asap . took it in the next week they played with it felt better but it still drifting . most dealers do that its cheeper for them to send it out to the local tire shop then buy a machine to do it .

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm glad you were able to do the alignment yourself and get it within specs. Just another example of dealer screwups, unfortunately.

I had an oil leak from day one. Dealer re-did the oil pan with RTV sealant, but put so much on that it was oozing out almost a half inch on the outside. And that means the same amount was on the inside, which is bad news. I had to have an independant shop re-do it and it looks like it should now. They had to remove a lot of excess sealant that had squeezed out inside the engine at the oil pan...before it broke off and became a serious problem for the engine.

I told Kia Western Region rep about it and he agreed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
And how can they tell if you've curbed your car, or worse?
Generally, it's by the scratched up sidewall/rim/hubcap or the control arm/tie rod that is obviously bent. :D Meanwhile the customer is standing right next to me in the shop swearing up and down they have never, ever hit anything at all... ever. With ice on the roads for half the year this is a story I hear far too often.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah if its really bad when you check the alignment you can tell if its been curbed or not . people will always tell you that or they wont say anything at all . I hate when i got to fix a alignment for free when its very clear that some one has hit something . the car stays parked when it snows or is ice out thats what the 4wd truck is for .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the toe on the right side of the beam axle is off a bit but the thrust angle is decent as soon as spc comes out with a listing for alignment shims and cams for the front struts i am going to fix the rear toe .

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't know if this is an alignment issue or not....please help me out if u can. I have had my car for about a month and at first it was fine...now when im driving over 35mph it rattles like hell...I brought it back to the dealer and they balanced all the tires and fixed the tire pressure. I was ok for about a week and its back....any Idea what the heck it could be??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i would take it back to have the wheels rechecked for balance . it is very likely you threw a wheel weight or they where not done properly . alignment will not cause vibrations just the tire and wheels . if tires are wearing funny or cupping or its pulling or drifting to the right or left is a alignment issuse. take to your local tire shop and spend the extra money to have them balanced and if they offer lifetime balance is usally cheeper in the long run to buy the life time stuff

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would also double check the tire pressure- my forte koup sx came with overinflated tire pressure and each tire pressure amount was different from the next. I had to sort that out first to make it drive straight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well looks like the car is going back on my alignment rack since the wife kissed a crub with the left front wheel deff knocked the alignment out this time . hope she didnt bend anything up but she deff got the black edge of the wheel .

·
Registered
178 Posts
i would take it back to have the wheels rechecked for balance . it is very likely you threw a wheel weight or they where not done properly . alignment will not cause vibrations just the tire and wheels . if tires are wearing funny or cupping or its pulling or drifting to the right or left is a alignment issuse. take to your local tire shop and spend the extra money to have them balanced and if they offer lifetime balance is usally cheeper in the long run to buy the life time stuff
Thanks, ya I'll probably due that for sure. That is a good idea to just take it to a different shop to get it done for life. And ya I had that same exact problem, all of my tires came overinflated from the dealership....you would think they would do it right from the factory...NOT

·
Registered
320 Posts
well looks like the car is going back on my alignment rack since the wife kissed a crub with the left front wheel deff knocked the alignment out this time . hope she didnt bend anything up but she deff got the black edge of the wheel .
:eek: That sucks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes it does suck . most the time the dealer checks the air in the tires when they come in so very likely thats what happend lot boy didnt know how to use a air gauge .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.