Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I just need to vent. UGH! Had a less-than-pleasant experience at Central Kia in Plano yesterday, and again this morning. The B.S. started yesterday when I attempted to drop my car off to get an oil change and have the TSB performed on my rattling sunroof.

The service advisor asked me if I'd purchased the car there (this matters WHY?) and after I told him that I'd be supplying the oil myself (Mobil 1), advised me not to use synthetic in this car until it'd passed 5000 miles. I asked him what he thought about all the cars that have Mobil 1 in them from the factory. He just shrugged and said that he was "just trying to relay his personal experiences". Oh, DO TELL how many new engines you've torn down that failed due to the use of synthetics. I just asked him to get my car done.

He said he couldn't do the sunroof today, but drop it off tomorrow morning and everything would be done then.

So, I drop it off this morning, but dealt with a different advisor. I told him that I'd also like them to take a look at the undercoating in my fender wells, as it's coming off and exposing blue paint in numerous spots. His only reply to me is that I have a 6 year / 80,000 mile rust-through warranty and not to worry about it. IS THAT WHAT I ASKED FOR? Advice on how my car will be covered when the failed undercoating allows my car to rust? I guess I'll be handling that myself with a set of jackstands and a few cans of rubberized undercoating.

I've written a STRONGLY worded letter to the Service Manger, and General Manager letting them know what's going on in their service departments. Needless to say, I won't be back to Central Kia.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I guess I just need to vent. UGH! Had a less-than-pleasant experience at Central Kia in Plano yesterday, and again this morning. The B.S. started yesterday when I attempted to drop my car off to get an oil change and have the TSB performed on my rattling sunroof.

The service advisor asked me if I'd purchased the car there (this matters WHY?) and after I told him that I'd be supplying the oil myself (Mobil 1), advised me not to use synthetic in this car until it'd passed 5000 miles. I asked him what he thought about all the cars that have Mobil 1 in them from the factory. He just shrugged and said that he was "just trying to relay his personal experiences". Oh, DO TELL how many new engines you've torn down that failed due to the use of synthetics. I just asked him to get my car done.

He said he couldn't do the sunroof today, but drop it off tomorrow morning and everything would be done then.

So, I drop it off this morning, but dealt with a different advisor. I told him that I'd also like them to take a look at the undercoating in my fender wells, as it's coming off and exposing blue paint in numerous spots. His only reply to me is that I have a 6 year / 80,000 mile rust-through warranty and not to worry about it. IS THAT WHAT I ASKED FOR? Advice on how my car will be covered when the failed undercoating allows my car to rust? I guess I'll be handling that myself with a set of jackstands and a few cans of rubberized undercoating.

I've written a STRONGLY worded letter to the Service Manger, and General Manager letting them know what's going on in their service departments. Needless to say, I won't be back to Central Kia.
Don't contact the service manager, contact Kia head office in the states

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Don't contact the service manager, contact Kia head office in the states
KIA head offices people can't really control what their dealerships do, since they are privately owned... each dealership has a district manager that it answers too, he's the guy you wanna talk to...

Don't go back, I had a somewhat similar situation in customer service at a dealership. Haven't gone since...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes they can as it is their product you are buying. If they are set up like any car company, they can take complaints and launch investigations. I happily put in a complaint against my Mazda dealership (to Mazda Canada), and it got investigated, now they completely kiss my ass at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Yes they can as it is their product you are buying. If they are set up like any car company, they can take complaints and launch investigations. I happily put in a complaint against my Mazda dealership (to Mazda Canada), and it got investigated, now they completely kiss my ass at the dealership.
KIA is not MAZDA or any comparable company, thus, they are not "set" like any other car company. Like I said before, the dealer is privately owned and have their own ground rules. From my experience, KIA will tell you to go to another dealer rather 1st before anything. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE... They "can" but they wont...

·
Registered
459 Posts
KIA is not MAZDA or any comparable company, thus, they are not "set" like any other car company. Like I said before, the dealer is privately owned and have their own ground rules. From my experience, KIA will tell you to go to another dealer rather 1st before anything. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE... They "can" but they wont...
Hate to prove you wrong Anthony, but I was bored here at work sitting next to a phone and called Kia Canada. Went through their automated setup to talk to a a rep. And said:

Me-How are you today?
Her-Good thanks
Me-Out of curiousity, if I had a complaint about a specific Kia dealership that I bought my car from and wanted to make a complaint against them, is this the right channel?
Her- Yes it is. What type of problem are you xperiencing?
Me- Nothing, just wanted to verify that you could do this.
Her-Okay
Me-Thanks ends convo.

So I highly doubt the US is any different. So the OP could do it no problem.

And obvioulsy I wasn't comparing Mazda to Kia. Just speaking from experience, I've had to do the same thing with Nissan (again not a comparison).

Of course they may offer you to go to another dealership, as this is a form of smoothing. But they are still going to try to do something about it as, dealerships are no more than franchises, and they work for the company (Kia in this example). And in the end the company wants to make money.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Hate to prove you wrong Anthony, but I was bored here at work sitting next to a phone and called Kia Canada. Went through their automated setup to talk to a a rep. And said:

Me-How are you today?
Her-Good thanks
Me-Out of curiosity, if I had a complaint about a specific Kia dealership that I bought my car from and wanted to make a complaint against them, is this the right channel?
Her- Yes it is. What type of problem are you experiencing?
Me- Nothing, just wanted to verify that you could do this.
Her-Okay
Me-Thanks ends convo.

So I highly doubt the US is any different. So the OP could do it no problem.

And obviously I wasn't comparing Mazda to Kia. Just speaking from experience, I've had to do the same thing with Nissan (again not a comparison).

Of course they may offer you to go to another dealership, as this is a form of smoothing. But they are still going to try to do something about it as, dealerships are no more than franchises, and they work for the company (Kia in this example). And in the end the company wants to make money.
While I agree with what you've said here, from what I've been able to gather, the Dealerships in the US are run very differently foam here in Canada. I've heard many more complaints against US dealers than Canadian ones and not just on this forum. Talking to different people who work for KIA dealers in Canada, they have commented on hearing this as well.

Maybe it's just that friendly Canadian temperament that's the difference! :D

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Maybe it's just that friendly Canadian temperament that's the difference! :D
honestly... That's probably the truth and the real difference. I have a local Kia dealership 10 miles from me and the salesmen are all thugs and wannabe's (no offense meant to anyone). I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from them
becuase they are such assholes and just treat people like crap. I actually drove 60 miles to deal with nicer people at a different dealership.

Damn canadians... Just so pleasant! Makes us americans all seem like assholes lol!!

(I hope everyone realizes I'm joking around and mean no offense to anyone. Everyone in this forum (except ONE person) has been awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
No one has actually admitted to trying. So if I think of it I'll call the American number tomorrow (if they are open).
I guess Canada is better in customer service (wouldn't doubt it)... The District Manager in my area answered "no comment" when asked about the crappy customer service of a dealership in LA... This is the district manager I'm talking about, not some service manager, he is responsible for 11 dealerships, including some in Hawaii... so there ya go...

"no comment"-...so professional

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live not so far from a Canadian dealership that is shite - went to a different one 2 hours away instead due to pushy sales techniques, dodgy fees and a case of *Just put the 5k to your credit card or something!* Yeah, right, I am THAT stupid...
Just wanted to let you know that the US doesn't have monopoly on sketchy car salesmen..

·
Registered
585 Posts
The KIA dealership here in NJ is a FORD, INFINITY and KIA dealership all in one. They treat everybody like gold- whether you come in with an Infinity or a KIA - first class service the whole way. When I pull up for service they click their heels and say 'sir'. Maybe try to find a dealership that not only sells KIA's but other cars as well.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
my dealership i went to was legend mazda kia and the guy that sold me my car was actually a mazda guy! haha but it was the best experience ever! never got pushy or demanding or sneaky. they told me what i could get for my trade in give or take a lil bit and he ran the numbers and told me what i got for the forte. haggled a lil bit and got down to what i wanted. now with that being said, i went to the KIA dealership on a couple of occasions and they were the totally opposite from what i experienced when i bought the car. they were trying to get me to have my parents come in and look at a car and my grandparents cuz they were there with me. tried to get me to buy a gps system cuz "it was on sale" at $599. i was like dude, wtf? but i dont plan on going back to that one for oil changes. get them done at the one by my house.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The KIA dealership here in NJ is a FORD, INFINITY and KIA dealership all in one. They treat everybody like gold- whether you come in with an Infinity or a KIA - first class service the whole way. When I pull up for service they click their heels and say 'sir'. Maybe try to find a dealership that not only sells KIA's but other cars as well.
thats how the dealership here is, too; except they're even more diverse:
kia, hyundai, mazda, volvo, porsche
and for some reason they always have 5 or 6 ferraris LOL
everybodys equal though

·
Registered
88 Posts
Go to the one in Lewisville/Carrollton off of frankford and 635. I got mine there and have free washes for life and my first oil change is free in the next week. Call this guy Ken Rosales (Service Consultant). PH- (972)- 798-6950 I seem to have gotten great service so far, hope that doesn't change. Address is 2920 North I-35 75007

·
Registered
459 Posts
I guess Canada is better in customer service (wouldn't doubt it)... The District Manager in my area answered "no comment" when asked about the crappy customer service of a dealership in LA... This is the district manager I'm talking about, not some service manager, he is responsible for 11 dealerships, including some in Hawaii... so there ya go...

"no comment"-...so professional
The American Kia Support phone number is set up the same was as Canada's. Their offices are closed today, so I will call Monday if I remember. Because a company always has a Customer Support Center that takes complaints. The company I work for does, shampoo companies do, and car companies do. We have district managers here in Canada too, and they are as useless as the dealer themselves.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm surprised that the dealierships in the US aren't as helpful, considering that you guys south of us generally have better consumer protection.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I'm surprised that the dealierships in the US aren't as helpful, considering that you guys south of us generally have better consumer protection.
yes we do!!!! but only if you are willing to spend the time and effort, something that most people don't have time for...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
[MOD EDIT]

I used to have the number in my signature along with information about the 275hp KOUP that is being produced for next year.

I called KIA consumer affairs last year regarding problems that I had with the dealership and my vehicle. I called the 1-800-333-4KIA, they pretty much told me to go to another dealer after filing a complaint with the New Motor Vehicle Board of California. If KIA had any balls, they would have told me to go to the same dealer, but they didn't.

Here are some more numbers:

Angel Romo
(949) 468-4491
[email protected]

If you wanna talk to him, be my guest. This is the guy who specifically told me to go to another dealer, he was in-charge of my case. There is more too! but that would mean that I would have and search my e-mails from last year.

Here:

UNBELEIVABLE!!!! new tranny needed at 600 miles??!! - Kia Forum

I have lots of posts in the above thread as well ( this thread comes from the original Forte Forum before it was expanded)The hassle that KIA made me go through is all very well documented in my past posts. Look for the post about me talking about being told by KIA to go to another dealer( pg 8-14). Take your time and read it, it's all there. I'm not making any of this shit up.

I wish we lived in a perfect world where we could all just get along.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I booked an appointment to get my alignment fixed on my Forte Koup a week prior, and so I show up at the scheduled time to see that they where unaware of my appointment nor where prepared for it. After a couple minutes of me arguing with them they accepted my car and told me to come back in an hour before closing. I come back I see that my car is still in the exact same spot, hasn't been moved and the servicemen eating pizza. I asked them if my car was done, and the guy responded "The car is done, but we need more time, bring it in monday". How could a car be done, and yet they still need more time. They wanted the whole payment and I refused to give it to them if I have to come back to service. Long story short, I ended up paying half the amount. As soon as I drove off the lot, I realized that NOTHING was changed and my alignment was still off. Before I drove the car away I asked what did they do and he responded that he fixed it and even test drove it. This is unacceptable service. Later on that day I took it to Canadian Tire, they did the job in 30 minutes with excellent service. Never going to Kia again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts