Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made it home tonight. I drove 2 hours in this "blizzard" we're having in Maryland, over 2 mountains and the slight incline into our apartment parking lot is what stops the Koup! So I had to park it a mile away and pray it doesn't get towed or hit by some retard. This is the closest I've ever come to intentionally bouncing the needle off the rev limit till the engine explodes and the car burns to the snow covered ground. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Ok, rant over....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Go back and get in your car and go up the incline in reverse. It puts more weight on the front tires giving you better traction and you'll make it up I promise. It took me 45 minutes to get five minutes from home and my wife an hour from ten minutes away. This weather is horrible. We already have over 12" on the ground here in the burgh.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give it a shot tomorrow in the daylight. Hopefully some plows will have come through by then. I think we have around 12" here as well. Supposedly the worst is going to hit tonight, so we'll see what it looks like when I wake up. It's going to be hard to sleep knowing my Koup is vulnerable in a college parking lot a mile from home... Just hoping the plows don't hit it, or someone doesn't have it towed. That would ruin my week!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'll pray to the Koup gods for you!!! lol.. Hopefully they'll hit just the roads for you. Good luck! They said we're gonna get another 4-8 tonight.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the weather finally broke yesterday and I made the mile walk back to my poor Koup. Fortunately, it was still sitting there in the college parking lot. Unfortunately, the plow drivers clearing the lot plowed all the snow around and on top of it because they were mad I "left" it there. I know this, because one was kind enough to stop and tell me how much of an idiot I am for leaving it parked here, then threatened numerous times to have it towed. I informed him this was not my first choice for parking and was extremely inconvenient for me as well, however, due to the 36 inches of snow laying all around, it was my only option. And I also told him that I would be more than happy to let him TRY and tow it, seeing as how he'd have to dig it out first. :) Needless to say, he left with a grumpy sigh. haha And after 2 hours of shoveling, the Koup is safely back home with me without a scratch on it. :D

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
35 Posts
my koupe hasnt left the drive way it was a white mountin in the drive way .i got a whole 4 foot + in sykesville . how much you get up there in hagerstown i know it can really snow up that way ?. I grew up in thurmont .

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got about the same. It's not going to help that it's now snowing again. And I've been hearing that we're supposed to get somewhere in the ballpark of another 10 inches! We should arrange a Maryland area meet and greet once the weather gets better...

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would get a shovel and start shoveling a path for the tires to go up if that were my koup (in the future) haha I wouldn't leave it there, I would try everythign possible..

Damn 12 inches in pennsylvania, it hasn't hit long island yet but if its that bad im not coming to work

·
Registered
35 Posts
that sounds like a idea dvi . i havent been to hagerstown in awhile last time i was up there i was playing drunk bus from cancun cant.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I dont live in Maryland but I do work in Bethesda at least once a month... How far away is that from tonight.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bethesda is about an hour drive from Hagerstown. Not to bad really. Once this weather clears up, I'll post up something in the NE Forum about it.

Currently have about 7 inches on the ground right now, seems like it's either done, or just a break in clouds right now. I'm headed outside to start shoveling...

·
Administrator
1,198 Posts
Man, you guys are getting hit hard and nothing here in Toronto. Canada! I am very surprised at the recent storm. Global warming FTW!

Nadeem

1 - 20 of 26 Posts